Gulliver's Travels (1977 film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Peter R. Hunt|
|Produced by||Derek Horne (producer)|
Raymond Leblanc (producer)
Josef Shaftel (executive producer)
|Written by||Don Black (lyrics, screenplay)|
|Music by||Michel Legrand|
|Edited by||Ron Pope|
|Distributed by||Arrow Films|
Sunn Classic Pictures
The opening sequence in live action shows Gulliver announcing his intention to go to sea as a ship's surgeon, followed by scenes of a shipwreck. The remainder of the film has Harris on Lilliput and Blefuscu, with the tiny inhabitants created by animation.
The film ends with a cliffhanger: Having escaped by boat from Lilliput, Gulliver encounters one of the giant inhabitants of Brobdingnag, but there is nothing more about his adventures there or in the other lands mentioned in the novel.
- Richard Harris as Gulliver
- Catherine Schell as Mary
- Norman Shelley as Father
- Meredith Edwards as Uncle
- Voice cast
The film was not consistently funded during its production, which was noted by some reviewers who consider this production to be "low-budget".
- Maltin, Leonard (ed.). TV Movies. p. 313. OCLC 1036903970.
- VideoHound's Family Video Retriever. 1995. p. 166. ISBN 978-0-8103-7866-7.
- Martin, Mick; Porter, Marsha (1996). Video Movie Guide 1997. p. 446. ISBN 978-0-345-40643-9.
- Case, Christopher (1996). The Ultimate Movie Thesaurus. New York: Henry Holt and Company. p. 268. ISBN 978-0-8050-3496-7.
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|