(Kūsō Kagaku Sekai Gulliver Boy)
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Toyoo Ashida|
|Original run||January 8, 1995 – December 24, 1995|
Imagination Science World Gulliver Boy (Japanese: 空想科学世界ガリバーボーイ Hepburn: Kūsō Kagaku Sekai Garibābōi?) or simply Gulliver Boy is a Japanese anime series created by Hiroi Oji and Toyoo Ashida. It was produced by Toei Animation, directed by Ashida and aired on Fuji TV from January 5, 1992 to December 27 of that year. On December 5, 2012 Pony Canyon released the series in a DVD box in Japan.
- Gulliver Toscanni
- Protagonist of the series, a magician who must remain enclosed in the Yoke magic school to protect his friend Edison. When he returns to his country, Venice, he finds out that it is being attacked by Spain.
- Young scientific genius, Gulliver's friend.
- A girl, the friend of Gulliver, who saved him from the troops of Spain.
- A Dark fairy who takes a liking to Gulliver, and vows never to leave his side.
- King Yudo
- King of Spain, deeply in love with Misty. He killed Gulliver's father, but when he was informed that there was a son, promised himself that he would kill the son, so they could be in paradise together. It's latter revealed in the second half of the series that he is controlled by Hallelujah, the sums of evil.
- King of Venice
- His kingdom is attacked by the army of Spain. He does not understand why Yudo is doing this, since there was previously peace between the two countries.
- Papa Toscanni
- Raises Gulliver as his son. Yudo kills him, but before he dies he manages to confess to Gulliver that he is not his true father.
Voices and Dubbing
|Gulliver Toscanni||Kappei Yamaguchi|
|Phoebe||Wakana Yamazaki (TV series)
Miina Tominaga (PC Engine game)
|Papa Toscanni||Takeshi Aono (TV series)
Hidekatsu Shibata (PC Engine game)
|Lawrence||Toshiyuki Morikawa (TV series)
Urara Takano (PC Engine game)
|Lee 10 Bai||Chafurin (TV series)
Akio Ohtsuka (PC Engine game)
|Full Moon Baron||Bin Shimada (TV series)
Tessho Genda (PC Engine game)
|Budo Muscle||Wataru Takagi (TV series)
Masashi Sugawara (PC Engine game)
|Judau||Kaneto Shiozawa (TV series)
Jurouta Kosugi (PC Engine game)
|Hallelujah||Rihoko Yoshida (TV series)
Kumiko Takizawa (PC Engine game)
|Steel Bat||Megumi Hayashibara|
Ignite! Gulliver Boy
|"Ignite! Gulliver Boy"|
|Single by Kiyohiko Ozaki|
|Released||February 25, 1995|
|Label||Mercury Music Entertainment Jp|
Ignite! Gulliver Boy (燃えろ!ガリバーボーイ Moero! Garibābōi?) is a song by Jpop vocalist Kiyohiko Ozaki and serves as the opening theme to the anime Gulliver Boy. It was released Mercury Music Entertainment on February 25, 1995 in Japan only. The song was written by Yukinojo Mori, composed by Toshiaki Yamazaki, and arranged by Michihiko Ohta. Coupled with the song is the show's first closing theme "Kagami no Naka no Yūsha" which is also performed by Ozaki.
Moero! Garibābōi/Ignite! Gulliver Boy
Kagami no Naka no Yūsha/A Brave Man in the Mirror
Moero! Garibābōi (Orijinaru Karaoke)/Ignite! Gulliver Boy (Original Karaoke)
Kagami no Naka no Yūsha (Orijinaru Karaoke)/A Brave Man in the Mirror (Original Karaoke)
|Single by Misumi|
|Released||September 25, 1992|
|Label||Mercury Music Entertainment Jp|
"Aitai Kara" (逢いたいから Because I Want to Meet?) is a song by Jpop vocalist Misumi and serves as the second closing theme to the anime Gulliver Boy. It was released by Mercury Music Entertainment on September 25, 1995 in Japan only. The song was written by Takahiro Maeda with composition and arrangements by Masahiro Takatsuki. The song is coupled with another Misumi song called "Dreamer".
Aitai Kara/Because I Want to Meet
Aitai Kara (Orijinaru Karaoke)/Because I Want to Meet (Original Karaoke)
- Name: Imagination Science World Gulliver Boy (空想科学世界ガリバーボーイ Kūsô Kagaku Sekai Garibābōi?)
- Developers: Hudson Soft (Sega Saturn, PC Engine); Bandai (Game Boy, SNES).
- Releases date:
All in Japan
- Genre: Role-playing video game, Puzzle (Game Boy)
- Players: One Player
- Platforms: Game Boy, SNES, PC Engine, Sega Saturn
- Language: Japanese