This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Coral Gables, Florida Pinecrest, Florida, Miami, Florida, USA|
|Opened||1926 (Gulliver Academy)
1975 (Gulliver Preparatory School)
|Grades||PreK3 to 12|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and Gray|
Gulliver Schools is a group of private co-educational schools. Its management offices are in Kendall, a census-designated place in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Its four campuses are across the county.
Campuses operated by Gulliver schools include:
- Gulliver Academy - Marian C. Krutulis Campus (PreK3-8) - Coral Gables
- Gulliver Academy's Montgomery Drive Campus (6-8) - Pinecrest
- Gulliver Preparatory School (9-12) - Pinecrest
- Gulliver Preparatory School's Miller Drive Campus (9-12) - Olympia Heights
Gulliver is accredited by five agencies: the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), the Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), and the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA). Accreditation, or certification, by these five agencies assure the Gulliver community and the college and university network that Gulliver Schools meets rigorous standards regarding curriculum, teacher credentials, safety, health, governance and finances.
More than 2,200 students are enrolled at Gulliver’s four campuses.
Gulliver Schools offers honors, International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme, Advanced Placement (AP), work and extracurricular experiences. The average class size at Gulliver is 16 students; the student/teacher ratio is approximately 8-to-1. Sixty percent of Gulliver's administrators and 50 percent of Gulliver teachers hold advanced degrees. Gulliver offers more than 25 AP courses, an internship program, and dual enrollment opportunities at the University of Miami, Florida International University and Miami Dade College.
Gulliver Preparatory awards the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma and has had an overall 96% pass rate over the last decade. Gulliver offers the IB Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) for Middle School students and IB Programme for high school students.
Academic Programs are offered at the Academy and Preparatory campuses. The Academy offers middle school students Gateway to Technology and Gateway to Technology for Girls. The Preparatory Signature Academic Programs include architecture, biomedical sciences, engineering, international business and entrepreneurship and law and litigation.
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Michael Baiamonte, Miami Heat PA Announcer
- George P. Bush, grandson of President George H.W. Bush, nephew of President George W. Bush, son of Governor Jeb Bush, current Commissioner of the Texas General Land Office
- Soman Chainani, author of The School for Good and Evil series
- Nelson Dellis, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 USA Memory Champion
- Sylvia Fowles, WNBA basketball player (2015 WNBA Finals MVP) and Olympic gold medalist at the 2008 Beijing Olympics (transferred from Miami Edison High School)
- Christian Garcia, baseball player
- Craig Gottlieb, Cast member on History Channel's Pawn Stars
- Enrique Iglesias, Singer and Musician
- Julio Iglesias, Jr., Singer and Musician
- Buck Ortega, Professional Football Player
- Patrick Robinson, New Orleans Saints defensive back
- Steven Rodriguez, baseball player
- Blake Ross, co-creator, Mozilla Firefox
- Eduardo Saverin, Co-founder of Facebook
- Andrew Talansky, Professional Cyclist on Cannondale-Drapac cycling team
- Sean Taylor, Late Professional Football Player, Washington Redskins
- Conner Vernon, ACC record holder for career receiving yards and receptions
- R. Alexander Acosta, National Labor Relations Board, United States Secretary of Labor
- Christian Rivera, Ex Semi Pro Gamer, 6'4 Rows for UCD
Gulliver's teams have won district, regional, sectional, state runner-up and state championships, as well as numerous conference championships. Gulliver currently competes in the 4A classification. The Miami Herald awarded Gulliver the All Sports Award for having the top program for small schools in Miami-Dade County, and the Florida High School Activities Association ranked Gulliver Schools 2nd in the state in the 2A and 3A classifications dependent upon sport.
The football field was renamed Sean Taylor Memorial Field on September 5, 2009 in honor of the late football player.
FHSAA Team Championships by Sport
|Cross Country||Boys||3||1998, 1999, 2001||0||In 1999, cross-country became the first team to win back-to-back titles in Miami-Dade County|
|Football||1||2001||1||2008||Team featured Sean Taylor and Buck Ortega|
|Soccer||Boys||6||1992, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2014, 2015||1||2013|
|Girls||1||2011||4||1997, 1999, 2001, 2013|
|Softball||6||1998, 2001, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013||1||2007|
|Swimming||Boys||1||2016||3||1981, 1982, 1983|
|Girls||3||2014, 2015, 2016||1||2005|
|Tennis||Boys||9||2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014||3||2002, 2004, 2012|
|Girls||6||1994, 1997, 2006, 2007, 2013, 2014||4||1999, 2002, 2003, 2012|
|Track & Field||Boys||0||0|
|Water Polo||Boys||3||2007, 2012, 2014||3||2001, 2006, 2011|
|Girls||9||2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2013||3||1998, 2000, 2014|
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Home page. Gulliver Schools. Retrieved on January 3, 2016. "Executive Office: 9350 South Dixie Highway, 11th Floor Miami, Florida 33156[...]Academy - Marian C. Krutulis Campus: 12595 Red Road Coral Gables, Florida 33156[...]Montgomery Drive Campus: 7500 SW 120 Street Pinecrest, Florida 33156[...]Preparatory School: 6575 North Kendall Drive Pinecrest, Florida 33156[...]Miller Drive Campus: 8000 SW 56 Street Miami, Florida 33155 • 305.274.9535"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Kendall CDP, FL" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on June 26, 2015.
- "" (Archive). Gulliver Schools. October 9, 2011. Retrieved on January 3, 2016. "1500 San Remo Avenue, Suite 420 Coral Gables, Florida 33146"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Olympia Heights CDP, FL" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 3, 2015.