Gulyantsi Municipality within Bulgaria and Pleven Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Gulyantsi|
|• Total||458 km2 (177 sq mi)|
|• Density||30/km2 (77/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Gulyantsi Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Гулянци) is a municipality (obshtina) in Pleven Province, Northern Bulgaria, located along the right bank of Danube river, by the border with Romania. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Gulyantsi. As of December 2009, the municipality has a total population of 13,561 inhabitants.
Gulyantsi municipality has an area of 458 square kilometres, of which 70% is arable. The region is flat, with elevation ranging from 30 to 50 metres above sea level. The northern boundary of the municipality is the Danube River, between river kilometres 604 and 639.
|Dolni Vit||Долни Вит||519|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
- ‹See Tfd›(in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- ‹See Tfd›(in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- ‹See Tfd›(in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ‹See Tfd›(in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.