Gulzar-e-Hijri

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Gulzar-e-Hijri
Scheme 33
Town and union council
Town Gulshan e Iqbal
District Karachi East
City Karachi
Country Pakistan
Time zone PST (UTC+5)

Gulzar-e-Hijri (Urdu: گُلزار ہجری ‎) is one of the neighbourhoods of Gulshan-e-Iqbal Town in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.[1] Among several ethnic groups in Gulzar-e-Hijri are Muhajirs, Punjabis, Sindhis, Balochis, Bohras, and Pathans. Over 99% of the population is Muslim. The population is not estimated as it is an underdeveloped area. Around 40% of the total area is developed and the remaining 60% is still developing or underdeveloped.

Under the new local government system, Gulzar e Hijri lies in the District East.[2] A large part of Gulzar e Hijri is along the Karachi - Hyderabad (M-9) Motorway.

Hospitals[edit]

  • Dow University of Health Sciences (Duhs) [3] - Ojha Campus
  • Karachi Institute of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine [4] (KIRAN Hospital)
  • Memon Medical Institute and Hospital
  • Ojha Institute of Chest Diseases [5]
  • khwaja greeb nwaz hospital

Schools and Colleges[edit]

  • Govt. Girls Degree College
  • Dow College of Pharmacy [6]
  • Dow International Medical College [7]

Police Stations[edit]

  • Sohrab Goth Police Station (formerly Gulzar e Hijri Police Station)
  • Sachal Police Station

Parks and Playgrounds[edit]

There are not so many parks and playgrounds in the locality of Gulzar e Hijri. Only few parks exist that too with not good standards. Few of the parks are:

  • Metro Park
  • Jawed Park
  • Model Park
  • Scount Training Park
  • A1 Park

See also[edit]

References[edit]

External links[edit]