Gum Deniz oilfield
Gum Deniz is an offshore oil and gas field in the Caspian Sea, located 21 km (13 mi) southeast of Baku, Azerbaijan. The field has been in operation since 1955. Gum Deniz has produced approximately 28.9 million tonnes of oil and 27 billion cubic meters of gas to date. In March 2009, Azerbaijan drilled its last well No. 478 in Gum Deniz field before new production sharing agreement for development of the field was signed with a foreign company in December 2009. The well produces 50 tonnes of oil on daily basis.
New PSA agreement
On December 22, 2009, State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic and an Emirati company Bahar Energy Ltd signed a production sharing agreement for exploration, rehabilitation and development of Bahar and Gumdeniz fields. The contract, preceded by MOU earlier in April was signed by the President of SOCAR, Rovnag Abdullayev and General Director of Bahar Energy Ltd, Richard McDougall will last 25 years with possibility for extension of 5 more years. SOCAR announced this was 28th agreement it signed with a foreign investor on production sharing terms. Rovnag Abdullayev emphasized that SOCAR is planning on increase the overall gas production of Azerbaijan to 1 trillion cm. According to the agreement, within the next 3 years, Bahar Energy Ltd will drill one exploration well. The first stage of the project includes drilling of 50 wells. In addition to that, all existing wells will be rehabilitated for production. It is estimated that the first stage of the project will bring a profit of $2.5 billion to SOCAR. Second stage of the project consists of exploration of Bahar-2 structure within the Bahar field. As per the agreement SOCAR is to receive bonus of $2 million as soon as the project program is confirmed, $1 million for every 100 million barrels (16,000,000 m3), $5 million once the commercial production starts and $2 million after increase of production capacity by 1.5 times from 2008 production indicators, as planned. Bahar Energy Ltd owns 80% of the stake while SOCAR is entitled to 20%. It is expected that Bahar Energy Ltd will invest nearly $1 billion in the project.
It is estimated that Gum Deniz field holds 4.52 million tonnes of oil and 1.94 billion cubic meters of gas reserves.
- Bahar oilfield
- Baku–Tbilisi–Ceyhan pipeline
- Sangachal Terminal
- Baku-Supsa pipeline
- Nabucco pipeline
- Baku-Novo Filya gas pipeline
- E. Ismayilov (2009-12-22). "Azerbaijan signs new oil and gas contract". Trend News Agency. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Rashad Suleymanov (2009-12-22). Азербайджан заключил новое нефтегазовое соглашение [Azerbaijan signed a new oil and gas agreement] (in Russian). APA. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- ПО «Азнефть» ввела в эксплуатацию новую нефтяную скважину на месторождении Гум-дениз ["Azneft" commenced operations of a new well in Gum Deniz field] (in Russian). Day.az. 2009-03-02. Retrieved 2010-01-06.[dead link]
- "SOCAR gets help at oil and gas fields". United Press International. 2009-12-23. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- "ГНКАР и Bahar Energy limited подписали контракт на разработку блока Бахар и Гум-дениз с инвестициями в $1 млрд" [SOCAR and Bahar Energy Limited signed a contract for development of Bahar and Gum Deniz fields investing $1 bln] (in Russian). Interfax. 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Инвестиции в блок месторождений «Бахар» и «Гум-Дениз» составят $1 млрд [Investment in "Bahar" and "Gumdeniz" bloacks will make up $1 bln] (in Russian). Rosinvest. 2009-12-22. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Sokhbet Mamedov (2009-12-28). Баку расширяет географию экспорта [Baku is expanding geography of export] (in Russian). Nezavisimaya Gazeta. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Lada Yevgrashin (2009-12-23). "UAE Bahar,Azeri Socar sign deal on Caspian fields". Arabian Business. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- Caspian Energy. Old Offshore Oilfields of Azerbaijan and their rehabilitation