Chewing gum industry

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Gum industry)
Jump to: navigation, search

Two multi-national companies, Wrigley and Cadbury, together account for some 60% market share of the worldwide chewing gum market. The global market shares for the top 5 chewing gum companies are estimated to be:

The remaining 17% of the global market is provided by an estimated 200 to 250 smaller gum companies, some of which are listed below.

The worldwide chewing gum industry in 2012 is estimated to be worth $26 billion in sales, and has grown by more than 14% in the last 3 years.[2]

Chewing gum accounts for 85% of global sales, and bubble gum the other 15%.[5]

History[edit]

See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ Chocolate & Confectionery Int'l, June 2006.
  2. ^ a b Candy USA, November 7, 2006.
  3. ^ a b Euromonitor, 2002.
  4. ^ Euromonitor, 2004.
  5. ^ Euromonitor.

External links[edit]