|Directed by||Roy Rowland|
|Written by||William Ludwig|
Gun Glory is a 1957 Western feature film starring Stewart Granger.
Tom Early rides into a Wyoming town where he once lived with his wife and son. In the general store, owner Wainscott is annoyed when he believes clerk Jo is flirtatious with Early.
At his old ranch, Early finds his wife's grave and his 17-year-old son, Tom Jr., embittered by his father's having abandoned them.
Jo takes a job as housekeeper at Early's ranch. She resists the advances of Tom Jr., whose resentment of his father grows. When they attend church, Wainscott turns the preacher's congregation against them, insinuating Jo is living there in sin.
Townspeople need help, though, when gunmen working for the villainous cattleman Grimsell ambush one of their own. A posse is formed, but by the time Early gets there, the preacher is dying and Tom Jr. is wounded.
Tom uses TNT to start a rockslide, stampeding Grimsell's cattle and killing some of his men. In a showdown, Early fights with Gunn, one of Grimsell's men, and just in the nick of time, Tom Jr. comes to his rescue. They return home to a relieved Jo.
- Stewart Granger as Tom Early
- Rhonda Fleming as Jo
- Chill Wills as Preacher
- Steve Rowland as Tom Early, Jr.
- James Gregory as Grimsell
- Jacques Aubuchon as Sam Wainscott
- Arch Johnson as Gunn
- William Fawcett as Martin
- Carl Pitti as Joel
- Lane Bradford as Ugly
- Rayford Barnes as Blondie
- Ed Mundy as Ancient
The film was made towards the end of Granger's contract with MGM and he felt they assigned him to this low-budget film to punish him for not renewing with the studio.
He appeared opposite Steve Rowland, the son of the director.
According to MGM records, the film earned $1,125,000 in the US and Canada and $1,425,000 overseas, making a loss of $265,000.
In France, it recorded admissions of 889,516.
Comic book adaption
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- Scheuer, P. K. (1952, Nov 08). Bob horton's stock up; newton as 'desert rat;' psychologists quiz fans. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/166391170
- Rob Nixon, 'Gun Glory - TCM Article', Turner Classic Movies
- Schallert, E. (1956, Oct 26). Rowland finally gets break with father; new refugee story listed. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/167009892
- By THOMAS M PRYOR Special to The New,York Times. (1956, Nov 06). LLOYD'S CAREER WILL BE FILMED. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/113693862
- Box office information for Stewart Granger films in France at Box Office Story
- "Dell Four Color #846". Grand Comics Database.
- Dell Four Color #846 at the Comic Book DB