1929 (age 88–89)|
Galle District, Sri Lanka
Mahinda College, Galle|
Nalanda College Colombo
University of Ceylon
|Known for||Short story writing, poetry|
Early life and education
Amarasekera is a graduate of University of Ceylon and is a Dental Surgeon by profession. He is one of the founding fathers of the Peradeniya school of literary tradition of modern Sri Lankan literature.
A list of literary works of Amarasekara,
- Karumakkarayo (1953)
- Yali Upannemi (1960)
- Gandhabba Apadanaya (1969)
- Asathya Kathawak (1981)
- Premaye Sathya Kathawa (1983)
- Gamanaka Mula (1988)
- Gamdoren Eliyata (1990)
- Vanka Giriyaka (1992)
- Inimaga Ehalata (1992)
- Yali Maga Wetha (1993)
- Duru Rataka Dukata Kiriyaka (1999)
- Rathu Rosa Mal (1950)
- Jeevana Suwanda (1957)
- Ekama Kathawa (1972)
- Katha Pahak (1975)
- Gal Pilimaya Saha Bol Pilimaya (1989)
- Marana Manchakaye Dutu Sihinaya (1993)
- Uyanaka Hinda Litu Kavi (1957)
- Amal Bisso (1958)
- Gurulu Watha (1972)
- Avarjana (1972)
- Asak Da Kava (2003)
- Pavuru Padanam (1970)
- Kavhandayaka Kathandaraya (1991)
- Vicharaya Saha Vinodaya (1951)
- Aliya Saha Andayo (1966)
- Abuddassa Yugayak (1976)
- Anagarika Dharmapala Marxvaadida? (1980)
- Ganaduru Madiyama Dakinemi Arunalu (1988)
- Arunaluseren Arunodhyata (1991)
- Jathika Chinthanaya saha Jaathika Aarthikaya (1993)
- Sinhala Kawya Sampradaya (1996)
- Martin Wickramasinghe and modern Sinhala poetry
- January 8th election win a revolution or a conspiracy?
- "Henry Jayasena 'A gifted and decent human being….'". island. 2007. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "In memory of Henry Jayasena". island. 2011. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Dr. Gunadasa Amarasekara nominated for Nalanda Keerthi Sri 2010
- Nalanda Keerthi Sri Archived 7 January 2016 at the Wayback Machine.
- A novelist can’t detach from society
- Gunawardana, C. A. (2005). Encyclopedia of Sri Lanka (revised). New Delhi: Sterlin Publishers Privet Limited. p. 13. ISBN 9781932705485.
- Gunadasa Amarasekara, Library of Congress New Delhi Office.
- "Gunadasa Amarasekera: The dentist — philosopher rooted in Sinhala soil" an article by Malinda Seneviratne
- "Reflections on Karunaratne Abeysekera". Daily News. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2006.
- Gunadasa Amarasekara and contemporary Sinhalese literature
- A unique celebration for a writer