Gunnhildur Yrsa Jónsdóttir
This article needs to be updated.(August 2017)
|Date of birth||28 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Iceland|
|Utah Royals FC|
|2018–||Utah Royals FC||21||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 August 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 January 2018
Gunnhildur Yrsa Jónsdóttir (born 28 September 1988) is an Icelandic footballer who plays as a midfielder for the Iceland women's national football team and Utah Royals FC in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). Gunnhildur has seven siblings; Tindur, Urður, Ilmur, Þórunn, Sigurður, Sæmundur, and Elfur. Her parents are Laufey Sigurðardóttir and Jón Saemundsson.
Utah Royals FC, 2018-present
In January 2018, Gunnhildur signed with the Utah Royals FC for the team's inaugural season in the NWSL. She scored in her first game on 24 March 2018, making it Utah's first goal in club history. Gunnhildur was named to the NWSL team of the month for March.
- Vavel (2018-01-03). "Utah Royals FC add Icelandic midfielder Gunnhildur "Gunny" Jónsdóttir". VAVEL.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "First goal in club history!". Real Salt Lake. 24 March 2018.
- "March Team of the Month NWSL 2018". April 6, 2018. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- Iceland squad announced to compete at Algarve Cup 2016 Women's Soccer United. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- Gunnhildur Yrsa Jónsdóttir – UEFA competition record
- Iceland player profile
- Gunnhildur Yrsa Jónsdóttir at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to association football in Iceland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to women's association football in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|