|Directed by||Jason Lei Howden|
|Written by||Jason Lei Howden|
|Music by||Enis Rotthoff|
|Distributed by||Saban Films|
Miles spends his days in a dead-end job, pining for his beautiful ex-girlfriend Nova. His mundane existence is turned upside-down when he finds himself enrolled on a dark net website that forces complete strangers to fight in a city-wide game of death so that their gladiatorial battles can be live-streamed worldwide to a fanatical audience. Contestants are chosen by a clandestine gang known as Schism, who handicap the weaker contestant to further stack the odds against them. Initially, Miles’ lifetime of running from his problems pays off as he manages to elude his first opponent but when Nova is kidnapped, he must finally stop running and overcome his fears to fight for the girl he loves.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Miles Cassonva
- Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Nova
- Samara Weaving as Nix
- Mark Rowley as Dane
- Colin Moy as Clive
- Ned Dennehy as Riktor
- Hanako Footman as Ruby
- Set Sjöstrand as Fuckface
- J.David Hinze as CNN Anchor
- Jack Riddiford as Shadwell
- Rhys Darby
On May 12, 2017, it was announced that Daniel Radcliffe would be starring in Guns Akimbo, helmed by New Zealand director Jason Lei Howden whose previous projects include the cult classic film, Deathgasm. Felipe Marino and Joe Neurauter were also announced to be producing the film through Occupant Entertainment. On May 8, 2018, Natasha Liu Bordizzo was added to the cast, starring opposite Radcliffe.
The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 9, 2019.
On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, Guns Akimbo has a rating of 71% based on 17 reviews. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average of score of 43 out of 100, based on 4 critics, indicating "mixed reviews".
- Vlessing, Etan (August 13, 2019). "'The Aeronauts,' 'Burnt Orange Heresy' Added to Toronto Film Fest Lineup". The Hollywood Reporter. Valance Media. Retrieved September 7, 2019.
- Lodderhose, Diana (May 12, 2017). "Daniel Radcliffe To Star In 'Guns Akimbo' For Occupant Entertainment & Altitude Films – Cannes". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 7, 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (May 8, 2018). "Natasha Liu Bordizzo Joins Daniel Radcliffe In 'Guns Akimbo'". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 7, 2019.
- "Guns Akimbo (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved Oct 1, 2019.
- "Guns Akimbo reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved Oct 1, 2019.
|This article about a 2010s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|