Guntakal railway division
Guntakal Junction railway station signboard
|Locale||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Dates of operation||1956–|
|Predecessor||Southern Railway zone|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Previous gauge||1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in)|
|Electrification||25 kV AC, 50 Hz|
|Length||1,451.9 kilometres (902.2 mi)|
Guntakal Railway Division is one of the six divisions of South Central Railway zone (SCR) of the Indian Railways. The headquarters of the division is at Guntakal and its zonal headquarters is at Secunderabad. This division is second in terms of Route kilometers after secunderabad railway division.
- In Andhra Pradesh it covers a total distance of 1302.9 Route km.
- In Karnataka it covers a total distance of 142.2 Route km.
- In Tamil Nadu it covers a total distance of 6.86 Route
Sections and branch lines
The lines and sections under the jurisdiction of the Guntakal division are listed below:
|Dharmavarm - Pakala Branch line||single||Diesel||227.42|
|Gudur-Katpadi Branch line||Double & single||Electric||198.00|
- Guntakal Division System map
- excl.– Station excluded / not under the divisional jurisdiction
- km– Kilometer measure of distance between two lines
Stations and categories
|Category of station||No. of stations||Names of stations|
|A||6||Anantapur, Guntakal Junction, Cuddapah Junction, Raichur, Renigunta Junction, Yadgir|
|B||8||Adoni, Chittoor, Dharmavaram Junction, Gooty Junction, Dhone Junction, Mantralayam, Pakala Junction, Srikalahasti|
|D||9||Kadiri, Railway Koduru, Krishna, Nalwar, Narayanapet Road, Rajampeta, Tadipatri, Venkatagiri, Yerraguntla Junction|
Performance and earnings
Guntakal division generates revenue mainly from tourism and freight. There are many religious destinations as well natural tourism spots which draws tourists from various places. The freight revenue is due to the availability of large number natural resources, industries based on these resources and nearby ports.
- "South Central Railway Divisions". Portal of Indian Railways. South Central Railway. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Guntakal division overview". Portal of Indian Railways. South Central Railway. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Divisions". South Central Railway. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "RTI Information". South Central Railway. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Guntakal Division System map" (PDF). South Central Railway. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Category of Stations over Guntakal Division". South Central Railway zone. Portal of Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 15 March 2016. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in/view_section.jsp?lang=0Administration". South Central Railway. Retrieved 25 August 2016. External link in