This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gabriel in 2006
|Birth name||Günter Caspelherr|
11 June 1942|
Bünde, Westphalia, Germany
22 June 2017 (aged 75)|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, musician, composer|
Gunter Gabriel (born Günter Caspelherr; 11 June 1942 – 22 June 2017) was a German singer, musician and composer.
Gabriel became famous in Germany as singer of Schlager songs. Gabriel lived in Harburg, Hamburg. He was a friend of Johnny Cash and introduced American Country music to German audiences, even covering some of Cash's songs in German.
Gabriel was married four times and had four children. He fell down a flight of stairs a couple of days before his death and died of complications that occurred after multiple surgeries to fix his broken neck.
- 2009: Gunter Gabriel, Oliver Flesch: Wer einmal tief im Keller saß. Erinnerungen eines Rebellen. Edel, Hamburg 2009, ISBN 978-3-941378-17-9.
- Tagesspiegel:Mein gößter Feind bin ich; accessed 22 June 2017.(in German)
- interview with Gunter Gabriel, swr.de, 10 November 2009.(in German)
- "Country-Sänger Gunter Gabriel ist tot" (in German). Der Spiegel (online). Retrieved 22 June 2017.
Hits wie "Hey Boss, ich brauch mehr Geld" machten ihn berühmt: Country-Sänger Gunter Gabriel ist laut Medienberichten im Alter von 75 Jahren gestorben.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gunter Gabriel.|
- Official website (in German)