Guntersville Municipal Airport
|Guntersville Municipal Airport
Joe Starnes Field
NAIP aerial image, 2006
|Owner||City of Guntersville|
|Elevation AMSL||615 ft / 187 m|
Guntersville Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 8A1), also known as Joe Starnes Field, is a city-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) northeast of the central business district of Guntersville, a city in Marshall County, Alabama, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Airport covers an area of 55 acres (22 ha) at an elevation of 615 feet (187 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 07/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,005 by 75 feet (1,1263 x 79 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 13, 2009, the airport had 9,217 aircraft operations, an average of 25 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 39 aircraft based at this airport: 90% single-engine, 5% multi-engine and 5% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 8A1 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 3 June 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Aerial image as of 7 March 1997 from USGS The National Map
- Airfield photos for 8A1 from Civil Air Patrol
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 8A1, effective June 22, 2017
- Resources for this airport: