Guntupalli, Krishna district
|• Total||10.26 km2 (3.96 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Guntupalli is a census town in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located in Ibrahimpatnam mandal of Vijayawada revenue division. The town is located 10 km to the west of Vijayawada on NH 9. The largest wagon workshop of Indian Railways is located here.
As of 2011[update] census, the town had a population of 11,187. The total population constitute, 5,573 males and 5,614 females —a sex ratio of 1007 females per 1000 males. 993 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 521 are boys and 472 are girls —a ratio of 906 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 85.18% with 8,683 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
There are schools run by both government and private.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16–17,48. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Guntur District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 526. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Wagon Workshop, Guntupalli". South Central Railway. Archived from the original on 15 January 2013.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Don Bosco High School". Don Bosco India. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "List of High Schools in Mandal :Ibrahimpatnam" (PDF).
- "LIST OF COLLEGES IN KRISHNA DISTRICT" (PDF).
|This article about a location in Krishna district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|