|• MLA||Yarapathineni Srinivasa Rao|
|• Total||4 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||146 m (479 ft)|
|• Density||6,000/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|States and territories of IndiaTelephone code]]||08649|
The Gurazala area has been home to some famous personalities. Nayakuralu Nagamma was a minister of the Gurajala faction who led the army against Macherla faction in the Battle of Palnadu, and one of the most powerful women in medieval India. Kaneganti Hanumanthu, a freedom fighter, started the Palnadu Rebellion against taxes. Kavuri Venkaiah, a freedom fighter, started training institutes for teachers, and free education for many poor people around Palnadu area. He believed that education can eradicate the poverty of this region.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Mandal wise villages" (PDF). Revenue Department - AP Land. National Informatics Center. p. 11. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Guntur District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 53. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "New Gurazala revenue division created". The Hindu. Gurazala (Guntur District). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Roghair, G.H., The Epic of Palnadu, 1982, Clarendon Press; ISBN 0-19-815456-9
- Alf Hiltebeitel (2009). Rethinking India's Oral and Classical Epics: Draupadi among Rajputs, Muslims, and Dalits. University of Chicago Press. p. 56. ISBN 0226340554. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- The Atheist, Volume 8
- N G, Ranga (1976). Distinguished Acquaintances (v2 ed.). Desi Book Distributors. p. 118. Retrieved 17 May 2015.