From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gurevich)
Gurvich, Gurwich, Gurwitsch or Gurevich is a Yiddish surname, a form of "Horowitz", see the latter article about its etymology.
The surname may refer to:
- Abram Gurvich (1897–1962), Russian chess composer.
- Jose Gurvich (1927–1974), Lithuanian-Uruguayan plastic artist.
- Alexander Gurwitsch (1874–1954), Russian biologist
- Aleksandr Gurevich (b. 1930), Russian physicist.
- Aron Gurevich (1924–2006), Russian medievalist.
- Aron Gurwitsch (1901–1973), Lithuanian-American philosopher.
- Georges Gurvitch (1894–1965), Russian-French sociologist.
- Liubov Gurevich (1866–1940), Russian editor, translator, author, and critic.
- Leib Gurwicz (1906–1982), influential Orthodox Rabbi.
- Naum Gurvich, Soviet-Jewish inventor of defibrillator
- Fedor Dan (born Gurvich) (1871–1949), Russian revolutionary and Menshevik.
- Aharon Gurevich, Chief Rabbi of Russian Army.
- Yuri Gurevich, American computer scientist and mathematician.
- Boris Maksovich Gurevich (born 1931), Soviet Olympic champion wrestler
- Boris Michail Gurevich (born 1937), Soviet Olympic champion wrestler
- David Gurevich (b. 1951), Russian-American writer.
- Dmitry Gurevich (b. 1956), Russian-American chess grandmaster.
- Mikhail Gurevich (chess player) (b. 1959), Ukrainian chess grandmaster.
- Mikhail Gurevich (aircraft designer) (1893–1976), Soviet aircraft designer.
- Mikhail Gurevich (psychiatrist) (1878–1953), Soviet psychiatrist.
- Valery Solomonovich Gurevich is Vice-chairman of Russia's Jewish Autonomous Oblast.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Gurvich. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|