Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Shanker Raman|
Ajay G. Rai
|Edited by||Shan Mohammed|
₹ 67 million |
Gurgaon is a 2017 Indian Neo noir thriller film directed by Shanker Raman produced by award-winning JAR Pictures studios. The film stars Akshay Oberoi, Ragini Khanna and Pankaj Tripathi and is set in the metropolis of Gurgaon, Haryana. The film won Prasad DI Award at the National Film Development Corporation's Film Bazaar in 2015. The film was released on 4 August 2017 worldwide and has been received very positively by critics.
Nikki Singh (Akshay Oberoi) is a boxer and the wayward son of real estate tycoon Kehri Singh (Pankaj Tripathi), who is often sidelined in favour of his sister Preet (Ragini Khanna) whom Kehri considers his lucky charm. Kehri shrewdly runs Preet Real Estate business successfully in his daughter's name. Resentment against his sister causes Nikki to accumulate a large debt and subsequently in a desperate attempt to clear it he sets a chain of events which causes long buried family secrets to get exposed and brings danger to his and Preet's life.
- Akshay Oberoi as Nikki Singh, a boxer and the troublesome son of the rich real estate tycoon Kehri Singh.
- Pankaj Tripathi as Kehri Singh, the cold blooded father of Nikki and Preet and a real estate tycoon.
- Ragini Khanna as Preet Singh, the stoic daughter of Kehri on whose name their real estate business runs.
- Shalini Vatsa as Karma Devi, the mother of Nikki and Preet
- Aamir Bashir as Bhupi
- Srinivas Sunderrajan as Anand Murthy
- Anna Ador as Sophie
- Ashish Verma as Chintu
- Arjun Fauzdar as Rajvir
The film is directional debut by National Film Award Winning cinematographer Shanker Raman and is produced by Ajay G. Rai and Alan McAlex of award-winning JAR Pictures studios who have previously produced critically acclaimed films Nil Battey Sannata, Gangs of Wasseypur, Liar's Dice among others. The film before its release was screened at Film Bazaar in Panaji, Goa in 2015 and won the Prasad DI Award at the National Film Development Corporation. The film was shot on location in Gurgaon and Akshay Oberoi and other actors had to learn Haryanvi language for the film. The poster of the film was unveiled by Anurag Kashyap in July 2017.
- "Anurag Kashyap releases poster of upcoming noir thriller Gurgaon, film to release on 4 August". Panaji: Firstpost. 6 July 2017. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Jhunjhunwala, Udita (24 November 2014). "Jar Pictures to produce Gurgaon, Rangzen". Screen Daily. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Akshay Oberoi learns Haryanvi for 'Gurgaon'". Screen Daily. 11 February 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Dunkirk, Gurgaon box office collection: Nolan's film still going strong". Firstpost. 7 August 2017. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Akshay Oberoi learns boxing for 'Gurgaon'". Mid Day. 12 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Joshi, Namrata (15 July 2017). "Gurgaon, releasing next month is the latest in a string of films rooted in the Haryanvi milieu". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- "'Gurgaon', 'Machines' win at Film Bazaar". The Indian Express. Panaji. 25 November 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Menon, Pradeep (7 August 2017). "Jab Harry Met Sejal, Gurgaon: Why you should pick Shankar Ramen's thriller over Imtiaz Ali's latest". Firstpost. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Jhunjhunwala, Udita (20 February 2015). "Television actress Ragini Khanna's next is Gurgaon". The Indian Express. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- Arjun Singh, Jai (6 August 2017). "The menacing quietness of Gurgaon". DailyO. Retrieved 9 August 2017.