|District of Haryana|
Location of Gurgaon district in Haryana
|Tehsils||1. Gurgaon, 2. Sohna, 3. Pataudi, 4. Farukh Nagar and 5. Manesar|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Gurgaon (shared with Rewari and Mewat districts)|
|• Assembly seats||1. Pataudi, 2. Badshahpur, 3. Gurgaon and 4. Sohna|
|• Total||1,253 km2 (484 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
Gurgaon district is one of the 21 districts of Haryana state in northern India. Gurgaon city is the administrative headquarters of the district. The population is 1,660,289 which includes revenue tehsils which are now part of Mewat district.
It is one of the southern districts of Haryana. On its north, it is bounded by the district of Jhajjar and the Union Territory of Delhi. Faridabad district lies to its east. On its south, lie the districts of Palwal and Mewat. To its west lies Rewari district.
The district is divided into 3 sub-divisions: Gurgaon North, Gurgaon South and Pataudi, which are further divided into five revenue tehsils, namely, Gurgaon, Sohna, Pataudi, Farukh Nagar, Manesar. It also comprises four rural development blocks, Pataudi, Sohna, Gurgaon and Farrukhnagar.
A large number of industries and offices have been established in Gurgaon city, Manesar and Sohna Road. Cyber City on NH8 is a popular location where most Multi National Companies (MNC) have taken large office spaces. While many other modern commercial clusters have come up on Udyog Vihar, Manesar, Rajiv Chowk, Sohna Road, Golf Course Road etc.
According to the 2011 census Gurgaon district has a population of 1,514,085, roughly equal to the nation of Gabon or the US state of Hawaii. This gives it a ranking of 328th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,241 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,210/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 73.93%. Gurgaon has a sex ratio of 853 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 84.4%.
- Haryana renames Gurgaon city and district to Gurgaon, published April 2016, accessed July 201
- "District Wise Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Haryana website. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. p. 157.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
gujjars have many villages in gurgaon. Gabon 1,576,665
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gurgaon district.|
- Official Web Site of District Gurgaon, Haryana
- Gurgaon Weather & interactive Map
- History of Haryana
- Government of Haryana
- Gurgaon Citizen Forum
||Jhajjar district||South West Delhi district, NCT||South Delhi district, NCT|
|Rewari district||Mewat district||Palwal district|
|This Haryana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|