Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Gurkha in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gurkhas are soldiers from Nepal.
Gurkha or Gorkha may also refer to:
- Nepali people, citizens of Nepal also known as Gurkha & Gorkhali
- Indian Gorkha, the Nepali-speaking people of India
- Burmese Gurkha, the Nepali-speaking people of Burma
- Nepalese Army, also called the Gurkha Army
- Brigade of Gurkhas, British Army units composed of Nepalese Gurkha soldiers
- Royal Gurkha Rifles, Rifle regiment of the British Army, forming part of the Brigade of Gurkhas.
- Gorkha regiments (India), regiments of the modern Indian Army enlisted in Nepal, successors of the Gurkhas of Britain's imperial Indian Army
- Gurkha Contingent, a department of the Singapore Police Force
- Gurkha Reserve Unit, a para-military force in Brunei
- Kingdom of Nepal, also called the Gorkha Kingdom
- Gorkha District, a district of Nepal
- Gorkha Municipality, formerly Prithvi Narayan Municipality
- Another name for Prithbinarayan, a Nepali city
- Gorkha Kingdom, Ancient Nepalese kingdom
- Gorkhaland, the name of the proposed state in India demanded by the Nepalis ethnic group
- British Gurkhas Nepal, Administrative organisation of the British Army in Nepal.
- Bharatiya Gorkha Parisangh, a national-level organization of Indian Gorkhas
- Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council, a semi-autonomous body that looks after the administration of the District of Darjeeling
- Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, a political party in Darjeeling district and Dooars, India
- Gorkha National Liberation Front, a political party in North Bengal, India
- Gurkha War, also known as Anglo-Nepalese War, wars fought between the Gorkha Kingdom of Nepal and the East India Company
- Sino-Nepalese War, also known as Sino Gorkha war, fought between Gurkha Army and Tibetan armies
- Gurkha–Sikh War, small conflict between the forces of Maharaja Ranjit Singh (Sikh Empire) and the Gurkha Army in 1809
- Limbuwan Gorkha War, a series of battles fought between the king of Gorkha and the rulers of various principalities of Limbuwan from 1771 to 1774 AD
- Gorkhapatra, a Nepali daily newspaper
- Terradyne Armored Vehicles Gurkha, an armored vehicle
- Force Motors Gurkha, an SUV
- Kukri, a curved knife also known as a Nepalese Knife or Gurkha knife or Gurkha blade
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gurkha.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.