|Alexa rank||3,517 (April 2014[update])|
Guru Inc. was founded in 1999 in San Francisco as an online clearing house for high tech workers seeking short-term contracts. The company, led by brothers Jon and James Slavet, raised $3M in angel funding and a further $16M in a full venture round led by Greylock Partners and August Capital. In a May 2000 interview, Paul Saffo cited Guru.com as an example of a company using the Internet to provide new kinds of services where individuals negotiated directly with potential employers.
In February 2002, Guru unveiled its SmartMatch technology, which matched résumés and other information about job applicants to jobs. The company also developed a candidate profiling system using techniques from Industrial and organizational psychology to better understand a candidate's suitability for a particular job.
Merger & Present day
Unicru sold the Guru.com domain name and logo to eMoonlighter.com, and eMoonlighter was renamed Guru.com
Customer feedback and complaints
When it comes to customer satisfaction and confidence, the biggest, independent websites that allows users to review businesses and their services, display the following user-rating score (updated on: 2017 May 24):
|WEBSITE||AVERAGE RATING||STAR RATING||NUMBER REVIEWS|
|SiteJabber.com||1.2 out of 5||55|
|TrustPilot.com||3.6 out of 10||12|
|FitSmallBusiness.com||2.0 out of 5||24|
|WebsitePlanet.com||0.9 out of 10||1|
|BBB.org||1.0 out of 5||3|
- "Guru.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Guru.com puts freelancers to work – PC World
- "The New-Boy Network". Inc magazine. 1 January 2000.
- Walker, Leslie (May 18, 2000). "Discussion with Paul Saffo, Director, Institute For The Future". The Washington Post.
- Clifford, Stephanie (July 2002). "Guru's Gamble". Business 2.0.
- Crow, D.; Desanto, J. (2004). "A hybrid approach to concept extraction and recognition-based matching in the domain of human resources". 16th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence. p. 535. ISBN 0-7695-2236-X. doi:10.1109/ICTAI.2004.12.
- Earnshaw, Aliza (4 August 2003). "Unicru expands capabilities with two acquisitions". Portland Business Journal.
- "Guru.com reviews - Google Search". www.google.com. Retrieved 2017-05-24.