Guru Harkrishan Public School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Guru Harkrishan Public School, New Delhi, India, is a co-educational, senior secondary school, affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It imparts an education inspired by the life and teachings of the Sikh Gurus. It was among the first in the chain of schools established by the Gurudwara Management Committee in 1965, which today has 12 branches in Delhi, giving education to more than 20,000 students.
Guru Harkrishan Public School, India Gate, Vasant Vihar and kalka ji are the three most prestigious and progressive English medium co-educational senior secondary school affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education. The schools have provision for all academic streams – Science, Computer Science, Commerce, Humanities and Mass Media
GHPS India Gate was established by Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee in 1965 as the first in the chain of Guru Harkrishan Public Schools which were set up in the metropolis followed by GHPS Vasant Vihar in 1974. The GHPS chain today has 12 branches in Delhi providing education on public school lines to more than 20,000 students.
The school motto is “Vidya Vichari Tan Parupkari" which means "He is learned indeed, who does good to others".
School building and its location
Located in the heart of the city, the India Gate school is close to India Gate and other historic places like Purana Quila, the National Stadium, the National Gallery of Modern ART, Patiala house, Punjabi bagh etc.whereas the Vasant Vihar school is located in posh area of South Delhi near IIT Delhi and Delhi University South Campus. Kalkaji school is located nearby Nehru place and govindpuri. Students are clashing their knowledge level with DPS R.K Puram.The New Principal and Vice-Principal Are kind and helping the school to grow and reach a higher position
- AV room with a TV, VCR, IBM compatible projector, mike and radio system.
- Laboratories for all branches of science.
- Computer science and informatics are offered to the students as elective Board subjects at the senior secondary level. The school has a Computer-cum-Multimedia Centre.
- Library equipped with computer and internet systems. It has around 15,000 books, children's magazines, journals and reference books.
- Uniform shop and book shop.
- Extension counter of the Punjab and Sind Bank is situated on the school premises. Parents and students can deposit money directly into the bank.
- Health check-up. A doctor visits the school every day to attend to the minor ailments of students and to provide first aid in case of emergency. A thorough medical check-up of all the students is done once a year and reports are sent to parents.
- Medical room with medical facilities and first aid items.
- Fleet of its own buses for educational tours and excursions.
- Canteen where snacks, cold drinks and ice creams are sold rates during the breaks. A canteen committee composed of the school doctor and senior teachers controls the food quality.
- Well-build building .
- The school also has a gurudwara in it where children can pray and seek for God's grace
- Well trained peons and sweepers
- Special section. The school also offers education to the students who are weak in studies. Some children were able to gain knowledge and study with normal students