Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana
ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਇੰਜੀਨੀਅਰਿੰਗ ਕਾਲਜ
|Motto||ਵਿਦਿਆ ਵੀਚਾਰੀ ਤਾ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰੀ|
Motto in English
|Contemplate and reflect upon knowledge, and you will become a benefactor to others.|
|Type||Punjab Govt. aided college|
|Nankana Sahib Education Trust|
|IKGPTU (earlier Panjab University), Autonomous College under UGC-1956 Act 2(f) & 12(B), NAAC A Grade, IEI|
|Principal||Dr. Sehijpal Singh|
|Campus||Urban, 88 acres (35.6 ha)|
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College (GNDEC or GNE Ludhiana) is one of the oldest engineering institutions of the northern region situated at Gill Park, Ludhiana, Punjab, India. The foundation stone of the college was laid on 8th April 1956 by Hon'ble Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India. The college has been named after 1st Sikh Guru Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
College campus is spread over 86 acre of beautiful and lush green area which is about 5 km from Bus Stand and 8 km from Ludhiana Railway Station on Ludhiana–Malerkotla Road. Campus has various amenities such as college building, Auditorium, Girls & Boys hostels, Swimming pool, Sports and Gymnasium Hall Complex, Gurudwara Sahib, Bank branch, Dispensery, Post Office and Open Air Theatre.
- Central Library
- Mechanical Workshop Block
- Computer Center
- Genco Alumni Home
- Day Scholar Club
The College was earlier affiliated with Panjab University, Chandigarh since beginning. But after establishment of Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar in 1997 as a single affiliating university for all technical colleges of Punjab, college became affiliated with Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. GNE is the first Engineering College of Punjab, which was conferred Autonomous Status by University Grants Commission in 2012. The college is one of the few technical institutions of Punjab selected for World Bank financial assistance under Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP).
Reputation and rankings
|University and college rankings|
|Engineering – India|
|India Today (2020)||70|
- LEET for diploma holder
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) for admissions to postgraduate degree program in Management (MBA)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) as well as through B.Tech merit, as per Punjab Technical University guidelines for admissions in M.Tech
Campus placements and industrial interaction
The college has an impeccable placement record of students in reputed companies since its inception. The college has tie-ups and signed MoUs with many industrial and research institutes. The college also runs very active testing and industrial consultancy cell, which provides consultation to a large number of Govt. and industrial houses.
- GENESIS is the annual cultural and arts festival held in February or March
- ATHARVA is the annual Technical festival held in September or October and invites participants from various renowned colleges of North India.
Chapters of the following professional bodies have been established at the college.
- Association of Civil Engineering Students(ACES)
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Indian Society for Technical Education
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Linux User Group
- Helps welfare society
- Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic College 
- Science & Technology Entrepreneurs’ Park (STEP-GNDEC)
- Centre for Development of Rural Technology (CDRT)
- Nankana Sahib Public School, Gill Road, Ludhiana
GNE graduates (Genconians) have found success in a variety of diverse fields including cultural, political, public and private sectors in India and abroad. Various Alumni chapters of college are active around the world. The list contains many people including faculty members and Alumni.
|List of Principals|
- Sukh Dhaliwal (CE-1983)
- Nazar Singh Manshahia, MLA (Mansa), Aam Aadmi Party (CE-1982)
- Sidhu Moose Wala alias Shubdeep Singh Sidhu (EE-2016)
- Gurpartap Singh Wadala (EE-1985)
- Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar (ME-1987)
- Baldev Singh Sra, CMD, PSPCL (EE-1982)
- List of places named after Guru Nanak Dev
- Centre of Excellence for Farm Machinery (erstwhile MERADO)
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
- Birla Institute of Technology – Science and Technology Entrepreneurs' Park
- Village Gill
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana.|
- "Best ENGINEERING Colleges 2020: List of Top ENGINEERING Colleges 2020 in India". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 13 July 2020.