|Directed by||Vinod Mehra
Raj Sippy (uncredited)
|Produced by||Vinod Mehra|
|Written by||Prayag Raj (screenplay and story)
K.K. Shukla (screenplay)
K.K. Singh (dialogue)
|Music by||Rahul Dev Burman|
|03 September, 1993 (India)|
Gurudev is a 1993 Bollywood film produced and directed by Vinod Mehra. The film started production in the late 1980s and was left unfinished after Vinod Mehra's death in October 1990. Raj Sippy took over as director and completed it for release in 1993.
The film stars Anil Kapoor as Guru and Rishi Kapoor as Dev. Sridevi plays a double role as Guru and Dev's love interests named Sonia and Priya. Pran, Kader Khan, Laxmikant Berde and Kiran Kumar appear in supporting roles.
Inspector Dev Kumar and Gaurav (alias Guru) are childhood friends. While Dev Kumar is with the police, his dad, Parshu Ram, works with the underworld and is the right-hand man of Kakhan, a criminal don who is Guru's dad.
When Inspector Khan is assigned the case of apprehending Kakhan, his first suspect is Dev himself. Dev must prove to Khan that he is earnest and will not hesitate to arrest Kakhan. It remains to be seen if Dev will apprehend his friend's dad or just play around.
- Rishi Kapoor as Dev
- Anil Kapoor as Guru
- Sri Devi as Sonia / Priya (double role twins)
- Kader Khan as Inspector Khan
- Kiran Kumar as Bhola Pandey
- Danny Denzongpa as Khakan
- Pran as Parshu Ram
- Asrani as Sur Pakdre
- Laxmikant Berde
- "Jaipur Se Nikli Gaadi" - Asha Bhosle, Shailendra Singh
- "Mera Kaha Maanoge" - Asha Bhosle
- "Ek Din Tera Dheere Se" - Amit Kumar
- "Aana Re Aana Re" - Asha Bhosle, Amit Kumar, Shailendra Singh, Anuradha Paudwal
- "Aaja Sunle Sadaa" - Asha Bhosle, Rahul Dev Burman
- "Sachchi Sachchi Baat Kahataa Hun" - Alka Yagnik, Mohammed Aziz
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|