|Service type||Express train|
|Locale||Tamil Nadu & Kerala|
|First service||18 January 2003|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Start||Chennai Egmore (MS)|
|Distance travelled||1,098 km (682 mi)|
|Average journey time||22 Hours|
|Train number(s)||16127 / 16128|
|Line used||Chord line (MS – TPJ)
Tiruchirappalli-Thiruvananthapuram line (TPJ – TVC)
Kollam–Thiruvananthapuram trunk line (TVC – QLN)
Kollam–Kayamkulam spur line (QLN – KYJ)
Ernakulam–Kayamkulam coastal railway line (KYJ – ERS)
Shoranur–Cochin Harbour section (ERS – TCR)
Guruvayur–Thrissur spur line (TCR – GUV)
|Class(es)||2A, 3A, SL, 2S, SLR and UR / GS|
|Seating arrangements||Open coach (Reserved)
Corridor coach (Unreserved)
|Sleeping arrangements||Couchette car|
|Baggage facilities||Overhead racks
MS–NCJ: WAP7 (RPM);
NCJ–GUV: WAP4 (ED / RPM)
One AC 2-Tier (2A)
Two AC 3-Tier (3A)
Six II SL
Four Second seating (2S)
Three UR / GS
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||51 kilometres per hour (32 mph)|
|Track owner(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Timetable number(s)||21 / 21A / 85 / 85A|
Earlier it used to connect state capital of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, with Guruvayur and was later extended to Nagercoil, Madurai and then Chennai. A link of the train runs up to Thoothukudi as it was announced by the Railway Minister of India in the 2013-2014 Railway Budget.
The daily express train commences its journey as Train Number.16127 from Chennai Egmore and reaches Guruvayur the next day, links the important cities and towns of southern Tamil Nadu with Kerala via Chord line reversing loco at Nagercoil Junction. It connects the important cities of Chennai, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai and Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu with Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kochi and Thrissur in Kerala. It longitudinally crosses almost the whole state of Tamil Nadu. It runs via Alleppey route in Kerala. In return direction the express train leaves Guruvayur daily as Train Number.16127/16128 and reaches Chennai Egmore the next day via the same route.[a]
- The schedule and routes are subject to change for administrative reasons.
- "Trains at a Glance October 2016 - June 2017". Indian Railways. Railway Board. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Train Time Table for MS-GUV (16127)" (PDF). Indian Railways. Railway Board. 1 October 2016. p. 166. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Train Time Table for MS-GUV (16127)" (PDF). Indian Railways. Railway Board. 1 October 2016. p. 285. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Train Time Table for GUV-MS (16128)" (PDF). Indian Railways. Railway Board. 1 October 2016. p. 286. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Train Time Table for GUV-MS (16128)" (PDF). Indian Railways. Railway Board. 1 October 2016. p. 169. Retrieved 15 February 2017.