Düben was born and died in Stockholm. He was the son of the German-born Andreas Düben, who had been organist at the Thomaskirche in Leipzig, and father of the composer and court kapellmeister Anders Düben (the Younger). In 1663, he succeeded his father as both hovkapellmästare, director of the Royal Swedish Court Orchestra, and organist of the German St Gertrud Church in Stockholm.
He was the father of four children: Gustav von Düben the Younger (1659-1726), Joachim von Düben the Elder (1671-1730), Emerentia von Düben (1669-1743) and Anders von Düben (the Younger) (1673-1738). Gustaf the younger and Anders the Younger appears to have been the only of his children who followed in his father's footsteps as a composer, courtier and eventually kapellmeister.
- sv:Gustaf Düben d.ä
- sv:Gustaf von Düben den yngre
- sv:Joachim von Düben den äldre
- sv:Emerentia von Düben
- sv:Anders von Düben den yngre
- Anna Jobrant - Düben Delights Crato Bütner (1616-1679) Laudate Pueri Dominum Didaco Philetari: Salve Rec Christe Vincenzo Albrici: Omnia, Quae Fecit Deus;Sinfonia A 2 Johann Theile: Ach, dass ich hören sollte dass Gott Ignatio von Gnessel: Venite Ad Me Augustin Pfleger: Justorum Animae In Manu Dei Sunt Johann Nikolaus Hanff: Ich will den Herrn loben allezeit. Anna Jobrant, Düben United Label: Footprint , DDD, 2009
- Mss. of works collected by the family, the "Düben collection"
- Free scores by Gustaf Düben at the International Music Score Library Project
|This article about a Swedish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an organist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|