3 July 1997|
|Height||6 ft 6 in (198 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
191st overall, 2015|
Gustav Olhaver (born 3 July 1997) is a Swedish professional ice hockey forward who is currently playing for Tingsryds AIF of the Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan. He was selected by the Colorado Avalanche, 191st overall, in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
Olhaver played as a youth in his native Sweden, within the Rögle BK junior program. Possessing a towering frame, Olhaver played parts of two seasons in the J20 SuperElit, producing 12 points in 41 games throughout the 2014–15 season. Showing glimpses of offensive touch, Olhaver was drafted in the seventh round, 191st overall, with the Colorado Avalanche's last selection in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
With intention's to pursue a major junior career in North America, Olhaver joined the Avalanche's rookie camp and was selected 44th overall in the 2015 CHL Import Draft by the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League. On July 1, 2015, Olhaver agreed to terms to join the Thunderbirds for the 2015–16 season. While aiming to develop his offensive game with his physical play, Olhaver struggled to make an impact and was placed on waivers by the Thunderbirds and later picked up by the Swift Current Broncos on December 28, 2015. Olhaver played out the season with the Broncos, finishing the season with a combined 8 points in 51 games.
On May 27, 2016, Olhaver opted to return to the junior ranks with Rögle BK. In the 2016–17 season, while enjoying a productive return to the J20, Olhaver made professional debut in the Swedish Hockey League with Rögle BK. He featured in 10 games in recording 1 assist.
Having graduated from the under-20 level, and with a roster position limited with Rögle BK, Olhaver left the club to sign a one-year contract with second tier outfit, IK Oskarshamn of the HockeyAllsvenskan on April 24, 2017. In the off-season, he attended his third training camp with the Avalanche, before returning to begin the 2017–18 season with Oskarshamn. In his first full season in the Allsvenskan, Olhaver earned a regular role amongst the forwards, contributing with 6 goals and 13 points in 48 games.
After a post-season exit, Olhaver left Oskarshamn opting to continue in the Allsvenskan on a two-year contract with Tingsryds AIF on April 16, 2018.
Regular season and playoffs
|2015–16||Swift Current Broncos||WHL||20||1||2||3||2||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Gustav Olhaver player profile". eliteprospects.com. 2016-04-05. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Colorado Avalanche selects Gustav Olhaver with 191st pick". BSNDenver.com. 2015-06-26. Retrieved 2015-06-26.
- "Thunderbirds add two players to roster". Seattle Thunderbirds. 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "Broncos add Gustav Olhaver". Swift Current Broncos. 2015-12-28. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "The Squad announced" (in Swedish). Rögle BK. 2016-05-27. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Junior prospect Olhaver to Oskarshamn" (in Swedish). IK Oskarshamn. 2017-04-24. Retrieved 2017-04-24.
- "New to the A squad" (in Swedish). Tingsryds AIF. 2018-04-16. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|