|Full name||Karl Gustav Johan Svensson|
|Date of birth||7 February 1987|
|Place of birth||Gothenburg, Sweden|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|Seattle Sounders FC|
|2000–2001||ES Le Cannet-Rocheville|
|2017–||Seattle Sounders FC||44||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 July 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15:56, 3 July 2018 (UTC)
He played for a local team in Gothenburg as well as a French team in his youth but joined IFK Göteborg at the age of 14. He played there until 2010 and won the Swedish Championship with the club in 2007. Gustav was nominated as the Newcomer of the year in Swedish football the same season but lost out to Johan Oremo.
Return to IFK Göteborg
Seattle Sounders FC
On 30 January 2017, Svensson joined MLS side Seattle Sounders FC. Svensson made his Sounders debut in the opening game of the 2017 season, starting at right back in a 2–1 loss to Houston. While he has also played as a center back, Svensson primarily plays as a defensive midfielder for the Sounders.
Making his debut in 2007, Svensson played 24 caps for the Sweden under-21 team.
- As of 4 June 2018
- As of 3 July 2018
- IFK Göteborg
- "2018 FIFA World Cup: List of players" (PDF). FIFA. 30 June 2018. p. 29.
- "Bursaspor'a İsveçli orta saha". NTV Spor. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Ofitsial'no: Gustav Svensson — igrok Tavrii". Football. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Gustav tillbaka i Blåvitt". IFK Göteborg. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Gustav till Guangzhou". IFK Göteborg. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Krasnoo, Ryan (30 January 2017). "Seattle Sounders sign Gustav Svensson, strengthen midfield crop". SoundersFC.com. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- Sounders FC Communications (4 March 2017). "Sounders FC falls 2–1 in Houston to open 2017 MLS season". SoundersFC.com. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "Gustav Svensson". National Football Teams. Retrieved 12 July 2013.