Gustav von Meyern-Hohenberg
|Gustav von Meyern-Hohenberg|
Lithograph, 19th century
|Born||10 September 1820
|Died||1 March 1878
|Notable works||Heinrich von Schwerin (1859)|
Gustav Freiherr von Meyern-Hohenberg (10 September 1820 - 1 March 1878) was a German jurist and playwright.
Baron Meyern applied himself to legal studies at the universities of Göttingen and Berlin. In 1843 he took service with Duke Ernest I of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha as appointed Geheimrat and General Intendant of the Coburg court theatre from 1860 to 1868. Meyern was unsuccessful with his dramas, which have vanished into oblivion.
- Ein Kaiser (1857)
- Heinrich von Schwerin, Schauspiel in 5 Akten (1859)
- Ein Kind des Elsaß, Drama in 2 Akten (1873)
- Das Ehrenwort, Schauspiel in 5 Akten (1873)
- Das Haus Posa, Schauspiel in 5 Akten (1874)
- Die Cavaliere, Schauspiel in 5 Akten (1874)
- Welfenlied (1854), melodized by Henry Litolff
- The Musical world. J. Alfredo Novello. 1868. p. 445. Retrieved 28 November 2011.