|Full name||Gustavo Raúl Gómez Portillo|
|Date of birth||6 May 1993|
|Place of birth||San Juan Bautista, Paraguay|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of May 29, 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of October 10, 2017
Gómez is considered as one of the most promising defenders of Paraguay, who began his playing career at Libertad. In the summer of 2014, Gómez left Libertad to play for Argentine Primera División side Lanús. Gustavo Gomez's Lanus conceded a mere 10 goals in 17 games en route to securing 2016 Argentine Primera Division title.
On 5 August 2016, Gómez completed a move to A.C. Milan for a fee reported to be in the region of €8.5 million, signing a 5-year contract. He is the first ever Paraguayan footballer to play for Milan. After joining the club he chose number 15, in tribute of his former Lanús teammate, Diego Barisone who died in a car accident.  On 27 August 2016, he made his full debut for Milan in Serie A against Napoli, where Napoli beat Milan 4-2.
Gustavo's first convocation was for the friendly against Germany in August 2013. But his international debut was against Bolivia on 7 September 2013, at the age of 20 years. In that game he scored his first international goal. He has since, nailed down a regular starting berth for Paraguay. He played for Paraguay in the Copa América Centenario in 2016, where he started all the 3 games for them.
Style of play
Gustavo is a strong defender capable of playing in any position at the back. He is a hard tackler and good in the air. He was instrumental in Lanus's style of building attacks from behind.
- As of 23 November 2017 
|Argentina||League||Copa Argentina||South America||Other||Total|
- As of 6 October 2017
|Paraguay football team|
- Scores and results list Paraguay's goal tally first.
|1.||6 September 2013||Estadio Defensores del Chaco, Asunción, Paraguay||Bolivia||4–0||4–0||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||5 March 2014||Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica||Costa Rica||1–2||1–2||Friendly|
- Gustavo Gómez es el segundo refuerzo (Gustavo Gómez is the second reinforcement) Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine. Club Lanus. 29 June 2014. (in Spanish)
- WELCOME GUSTAVO GOMEZ! | AC Milan www.acmilan.com. 5 August 2016
- Convocatoria Amistoso vs. Alemania (14-08-2013) Selección Paraguaya de Fútbol. (in Spanish)
- FIFA World Cup Brazil: Paraguay-Bolivia - Overview FIFA.com. 6 September 2013.
- Gustavo Gómez at Soccerway
- "Gómez, Gustavo". National Football Teams. Retrieved 5 May 2017.