This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gustavo Núñez (born in Montevideo, February 15, 1965) is a Uruguayan bassoonist trained at Musikhochschule Hannover (Prof. Klaus Thunemann) and the Royal College of Music (Kerry Camden). He has served as principal bassoon of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, together with Ronald Karten, since 1995.
Currently, he holds a professorship at the Robert Schumann Hochschule in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Núñez gives masterclasses and has made solo appearances in the US, Canada, various South American countries, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Finland, Australia, South Korea and Japan and is considered to be one of the leading bassoonists of his generation.
- 1987 Geneva IMC, Prix Suisse.
- 1987 Carl Maria von Weber IBC, 1st prize
- Vivaldi - 6 Bassoon Concertos. Gustavo Núñez, Academy of St Martin in the Fields. PENTATONE PTC 5186539 (2016)
- The Barber of Neville. Wind concertos by Howard Blake. Sir Neville Marriner, Andrew Marriner, Jaime Martin, Gustavo Núñez, Academy of St Martin in the Fields. PENTATONE PTC 5186506 (2013)
- Mozart - Wind Concertos. Jacob Slagter, Emily Beynon, Alexei Ogrintchouk, Henk Rubingh, Gustavo Núñez, Concertgebouw Chamber Orchestra. PENTATONE PTC 5186079 (2005)
-  Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
|This article on a Uruguayan musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a musician who plays a woodwind instrument is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|