Gustavus Hamilton, 2nd Viscount Boyne
He was the oldest son of Hon. Frederick Hamilton, oldest son of Gustavus Hamilton, 1st Viscount Boyne, and his wife Sophia Hamilton, daughter of James Hamilton. His uncles were Gustavus Hamilton and Henry Hamilton. After his father's death in 1715, he was taken to London by his mother and was educated at Westminster School. In 1723, he succeeded his grandfather as viscount, and in 1736, he was sworn of the Privy Council of Ireland. In the latter year, he entered the British House of Commons for Newport (Isle of Wight) and sat as Member of Parliament for the constituency until 1741. In 1737, he was appointed a Commissioner of the Irish Revenue and held this post until his death in 1746.
- "Leigh Rayment - Peerage". Retrieved 2 May 2009.
- Debrett, John (1828). Debrett's Peerage of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. vol. II (17th ed.). London: G. Woodfall. p. 765.
- Lodge, John (1789). Mervyn Archdall, ed. The Peerage of Ireland or A Genealogical History of the Present Nobility of that Kingdom. vol. V. Dublin: James Moore. p. 178.
- "Leigh Rayment - Privy Council of Ireland". Retrieved 2 May 2009.
- "Leigh Rayment - British House of Commons". Retrieved 2 May 2009.
- "ThePeerage - Gustavus Hamilton, 2nd Viscount Boyne". Retrieved 2 May 2009.
|Parliament of Great Britain|
|Member of Parliament for Newport (Isle of Wight)
With: George Huxley
|Peerage of Ireland|