Gustavus Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Gustavus Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
Township hall at Gustavus Center
Location of Gustavus Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||25.0 sq mi (64.7 km2)|
|• Land||25.0 sq mi (64.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||978 ft (298 m)|
|• Density||37.9/sq mi (14.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087031|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Wayne Township, Ashtabula County - north
- Williamsfield Township, Ashtabula County - northeast corner
- Kinsman Township - east
- Vernon Township - southeast corner
- Johnston Township - south
- Mecca Township - southwest corner
- Greene Township - west
- Colebrook Township, Ashtabula County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Gustavus Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 55.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.