Guthrie Township, Lawrence County, Indiana
Location in Lawrence County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||42.79 sq mi (110.8 km2)|
|• Land||42.19 sq mi (109.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (2 km2) 1.40%|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||32.8/sq mi (12.7/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47264, 47421, 47430, 47467|
|GNIS feature ID||0453359|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.79 square miles (110.8 km2), of which 42.19 square miles (109.3 km2) (or 98.60%) is land and 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2) (or 1.40%) is water. The township's southern border is defined by the East Fork White River.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these cemeteries: Carlton, Dodd, Johnston, and Pinhook.
- North Lawrence Community Schools
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 65
- State Senate District 44
- Guthrie Township Volunteer Fire Department
- "Guthrie Township, Lawrence County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 44.
- History of Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Higginson Book Company. 1884. p. 62.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 3/14/16 through 3/18/16. National Park Service. 2016-03-25.