This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Entrance Band|
The Entrance Band at Bonnaroo 2010
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Psychedelic rock, stoner rock|
Blakeslee was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland and first gained notice as a member of The Convocation Of.... He later left the band and moved to Chicago to pursue a solo career under the guise of the name Entrance. He performed regularly for the next 18 months at a bar called The Hideout, which eventually gained him the attention of Tiger Style Records.
Entrance toured with Sonic Youth, Devendra Banhart, Will Oldham, Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dungen and Cat Power. Blakeslee has released his music through Tiger Style Records and Fat Possum Records, as well through his own record label, Entrance Records. The Entrance Band have been chosen by Animal Collective to perform at the All Tomorrow's Parties festival that they will curate in May 2011.
- Guy Blakeslee
- Paz Lenchantin
- Derek James
- The Kingdom of Heaven Must be Taken by Storm (2003) - Tiger Style Records
- Wandering Stranger (2004) - Fat Possum Records
- Prayer of Death (2006) - Entrance Records. Tee Pee Records
- The Entrance Band (2009) - Ecstatic Peace
- Face The Sun (2013) - Beyond Beyond is Beyond Records
- Book of Changes (2017) - Thrill Jockey
- Honey Moan (2003) - Tiger Style Records in United States/Careless Love (2003) - Sketchbook Records in UK & Europe.
- Latitudes (2012) - Latitudes
- Fine Flow (2012) - Spiritual Pajamas
- Dans La Tempeta (2013) - Spiritual Pajamas
- "See for Yourself" (2002) split 7" w/ Papa M - Tiger Style Records.
- I Want You b/w A House is Not A Motel (2011) - Black Tent Press
- "ATP curated by Animal Collective - All Tomorrow's Parties". All Tomorrow's Parties. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
|This article about a rock musician from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|