Guy Burnet on Broadway
8 August 1983|
London, England, UK
Guy Burnet (born 8 August 1983) is an English film, television and theatre actor. In recent years Burnet also completed a number of roles in feature films and on the New York stage as well as small writing roles. He currently plays Casey Finney on Ray Donovan and Mike on The Affair.
Before becoming an actor, Burnet aspired to become a professional footballer. He attended Queens Park Rangers Soccer School. He subsequently undertook trials and played in various locations throughout Europe before returning to London to complete his A levels.
He still plays football, taking part in a football match on 2 June 2007 at the new Wembley Stadium prior to England's first match at the stadium. In September 2007 he played for England in an England v Russia charity match in support of the Give Life Foundation.
Burnet started his career in theatre and making award-winning short films. He has trained with the acting coach Ivana Chubbuck.
Early television roles
Burnet joined the cast of Hollyoaks in 2002 as a main character and series regular following his second ever audition. On 3 August 2007 Hollyoaks Producer Bryan Kirkwood confirmed on Digital Spy that Burnet was quitting Hollyoaks. He said, "I am genuinely gutted that Guy is leaving the show, but after five years he feels the time is right. He's an amazing actor and has really come into his own through his work on the Craig and John Paul storyline - and has helped turn it into one of Hollyoaks' biggest ever storylines. We've left the door open for him to return and I wish him the very best of luck for whatever he does next."
Later television roles
In 2012, Burnet completed work as a lead in the feature film Two Jacks alongside Sienna Miller. Other recent roles include work in a Leo Tolstoy adaptation directed by Bernard Rose, in the thriller Rites of Passage with Christian Slater and Stephen Dorff, and in a period war film with Sean Bean.
Guy was in numerous Theatrical productions, receiving accolade and praise. During 2012 Burnet was the lead in a production of 'Murder In The First', which played off-Broadway, receiving rave reviews for his performance.
|2004||Time/Out||Kieron DiMack||Short film|
|2011||Age of Heroes||Commando Riley|
|2012||Rites of Passage||Mojo|
|2015||Day Out of Days||E.J.|
|2017||Pitch Perfect 3||Theo|
|2009||Moving On||Pinklady||Episode: "Dress to Impress"|
|2010||Sonny With a Chance||Trey Brothers||Episode: "Sonny with a Song"|
|2011||The Royal||Lenny Lomax||Episode: "Dead Air"|
|2015||Ray Donovan||Casey Finney||3 episodes|
|2016||The Affair||Mike Cornwall||2 episodes|
|2016||Chicago Fire||Grant||6 episodes|
|2017||Hand of God||Raymond Kelly||8 episodes|
|2017||Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams||Colin||Episode: "Real Life"|
|2018–present||Counterpart||Claude Lambert||Recurring role|
- "Radio 1 Interview May 2007". Retrieved 2007-06-10.
- "Cast: Craig Dean". Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- "Attitude Magazine Interview". Retrieved 2007-06-08.[permanent dead link]
- "Hollyoaks Cast Biography". Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- "Eventica". Archived from the original on 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- "Digital Spy Interview - January 2011". Digital Spy Interview - January 2011. Retrieved Apr 2011. Check date values in:
- "Bryan Kirwood's Announcement on Digital Spy". Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- "Moving On'!". Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- Petski, Denise (2016-08-26). "'The Affair': Guy Burnet Joins Season 3 In Recurring Role". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- Andreeva, Nellie (27 January 2015). "Katie Holmes Joins Showtime Drama 'Ray Donovan'". deadline.com. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Guy Burnet".
- ""Murder in the First"". www.nytheatre-wire.com. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Film shorts detailed on Resume". Retrieved 2007-09-15.