Guy Burnet on broadway
8 August 1983 |
London, England, UK
Guy Burnet (born 8 August 1983) is an English film, television and theatre actor. He is best known for his theater work. In recent years Burnet also completed a number of roles in feature films and on the New York stage as well as small directing/writing roles. He currently plays Casey Finney on American TV series Ray Donovan.
Before becoming an actor, Burnet aspired to become a professional footballer. He attended Queens Park Rangers Soccer School. He subsequently undertook trials and played in various locations throughout Europe and in Tel Aviv, Israel before returning to London to complete his A levels.
He plays football, taking part in a celebrity football match on 2 June 2007 at the new Wembley Stadium prior to England's first match at the stadium. In September 2007 he played for England in an England v Russia charity match in support of the Give Life Foundation.
Burnet started his career in theatre and making award winning short films. He has trained with the acting coach Ivana Chubbuck.
Early television roles
Burnet joined the cast of Hollyoaks in 2002 as a main character and series regular following his second ever audition. On 3 August 2007 Hollyoaks Producer Bryan Kirkwood confirmed on Digital Spy that Burnet was quitting Hollyoaks. He said, "I am genuinely gutted that Guy is leaving the show, but after five years he feels the time is right. He's an amazing actor and has really come into his own through his work on the Craig and John Paul storyline - and has helped turn it into one of Hollyoaks' biggest ever storylines. We've left the door open for him to return and I wish him the very best of luck for whatever he does next."
In an interview with Digital Spy, Burnet said that leaving Hollyoaks was a very hard decision, but it was time for him to try new things. In June 2008 it was announced that Burnet would be briefly returning to Hollyoaks later in the year to shoot a new late night spin-off. In September 2008, he very briefly return to Hollyoaks where his character, Craig Dean, reconnected with his love interest John Paul McQueen (played by James Sutton). Both Burnet and Sutton left the series some weeks later when their characters left for Ireland where Burnet's character was studying at Trinity College, Dublin.
Later television roles
Burnet has appeared in Sonny With a Chance, a Disney Original Series highly popular amongst teens in the United States. He appeared in the episode "Sonny with a Song", as a singer/songwriter called Trey Brothers.
In 2012, Burnet completed work as a lead in the feature film Two Jacks alongside Sienna Miller. Other recent roles include work in a Leo Tolstoy adaptation directed by Bernard Rose, in the thriller Rites of Passage with Christian Slater and Stephen Dorff, and in a period war film with Sean Bean.
During 2012 Burnet was the lead in a production of 'Murder In The First', which played off-Broadway, receiving rave reviews for his performance.
In April 2007, Burnet, together with Anthony Quinlan and Jennifer Metcalfe, appeared on the ITV2 show 'Grease Is The Word'. In this version of Grease, he played Danny and Jennifer was Sandy. In 2008, Burnet appeared in a three-minute short, Christie.
|2006||Voyer||Guy Burns||Short Movie|
|2010||Pig (2010 film)||Man|
|2011||Age of Heroes||Commando Riley|||
|2011||Rites of Passage||Mojo|
|2002–2007||Hollyoaks||Craig Dean||234 Episodes|
|2007||Grease Is The Word||Himself||1 Episode|
|2008||Britain's Next Top Model||Himself||2 Episode|
|2008||Hollyoaks Later||Craig Dean||5 Episodes|
|2009||Moving On||Pinklady||1 Episode|
|2010||The Royal||Lenny Lomax||1 Episode|
|2010||Sonny With a Chance||Trey Brothers||1 Episode|
|2015||Ray Donovan||Casey Finney||currently recurring|
- 2008, NTA: nominations for his work ',
- "Radio 1 Interview May 2007". Retrieved 2007-06-10.
- "Cast: Craig Dean". Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- "Attitude Magazine Interview". Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- "Hollyoaks Cast Biography". Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- "Eventica". Archived from the original on 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- "Digital Spy Interview - January 2011". Digital Spy Interview - January 2011. Retrieved Apr 2011.
- "Bryan Kirwood's Announcement on Digital Spy". Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- "Interview with Digital Spy".
- "Craig Dean returns to 'Hollyoaks'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "'Late Night Hollyoaks' for E4". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "Moving On'!". Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- http://deadline.com/2015/01/katie-holmes-cast-ray-donovan-showtime-1201360576/. Missing or empty
- "Guy Burnet".
- hollyoaks.com. "GREASED LIGHTNIN'!". Archived from the original on 2007-06-01. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- "Film shorts detailed on Resume". Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "Age of Heroes'!". Retrieved 2010-04-02.