Guy Deutscher (linguist)
He is an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Manchester and was a professor in the Department of Languages and Cultures of Ancient Mesopotamia at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands. He received an undergraduate degree in mathematics at University of Cambridge, before going on to earn a Ph.D. in linguistics there. After that he undertook research in Historical Linguistics at St John's College, Cambridge.
Awards and honors
- 2011 Royal Society Prizes for Science Books, shortlist, Through the Language Glass
- Syntactic Change in Akkadian (2000)
- The Unfolding of Language (2005)
- Through the Language Glass (Heinemann, 2010. ISBN 978-0-434-01690-7).
- John Stevens, "Meet Little Miss Mozart: The miniature musician aged seven who has composed her own opera", Mail Online, 21 October 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- Guy Deutscher's Homepage
- American Scientist: An interview with Guy Deutscher
- Interview with Guy Deutscher on the evolution of language
- Does Your Language Shape How You Think? a NYT Magazine article by Guy Deutscher adapted from his book Through the Language Glass
- Standing on the Shoulders of Clichés a lighthearted piece about clichés and their contribution to the world
|This article on an Israeli linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|