Guy Hutchinson (comedian)
Guy Anthony Hutchinson
November 22, 1974
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
|Occupation||Broadcaster, comedian, author, historian|
|Sesame Place, 'Drunk On Disney, WHWH, WMGQ|
The book was made with the cooperation of Sesame Place and Sesame Workshop and tells the 35-year history of the Pennsylvania theme park in photos and text. Hutchinson had begun researching the history of Sesame Place by "watching other people’s home movies on YouTube, sifting through Flickr photos, eBay auctions, and digging through old newspapers on Google," when he was contacted by Mercaldo about pitching the book to Arcadia Publishing.
His additional published works include the following:
- Mean Merle and the Pigeon of Frizzante Park, a children's anti-bullying story book set at a fictional theme park;
- Letters to the Hall of Presidents (And Answers to Letters to the Hall of Presidents), a humor book where Hutchinson "chronicles" his fictitious former job as responder to fictional correspondence sent to the Presidential robots in the Walt Disney World attraction;
- The Nut Before Christmas, a parody coloring & activity book spoofing A Visit from St. Nicholas, starring "Santa Squirrel"; and
- Ghost Memoirs: Disney After Death, a fictional novel set in the 1990s about two deceased "slacker" Walt Disney World "cast members" whose ghosts fail to reach their eternal resting place, so they stay to haunt the park.
- Bibbity Boozity Book, a cocktail guide featuring drinks from Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Hutchinson along with John Galbo established the Art, Comedy, Pop-Culture Network, where Hutchinson previously co-hosted the interview series The Adventure Club along with Galbo and others. He also co-hosts Drunk On Disney (with Dana Snyder). On the show they try cocktails from EPCOT and the Disney hotels, but the title of that show refers the host's obsession with Disney theme parks as kids. In a 2015 interview Hutchinson said "we were 'drunk' on Disney before we had ever tried booze."
Hutchinson began doing voice over work on WHWH radio in 1993. In 1994 he was promoted to "afternoon drive talk show host." Hutchinson left the station in 1997 and began working as a disc jockey at WMGQ where he worked for three years.
- "DRUNK ON DISNEY PODCAST RECORDED AT JDIFF". Archived from the original on September 15, 2015.
- "Guy Hutchinson is coming to Miami for Magic City Comic Con".
- "Unveiled: 1st look at 2015 Julien Dubuque film festival".
- "Sesame Place".
- "Sesame Place A History". Archived from the original on December 8, 2015.
- "Sesame Place Week: Q&A With the Author".
- "Talking Sesame Place with Guy Hutchinson".
- "BEN Around Philly - Episode 24".
- Guy Hutchinson's SquareUp Website for his published works
- "Bibbity Boozity Book: A Cocktail Guide... book by Guy Hutchinson". ThriftBooks.
- "iTunes Listing for Adventure Club Podcast". itunes.com.
- "Guy Hutchinson Drunk On Disney". animatemiami2014.sched.org.
- "Florida Supercon Presents Drunk On Disney". register.growtix.com.
- "JULIEN DUBUQUE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL '15 WRAP-UP". hammertonail.com.
- "Underrated Thrillers - Guy Hutchinson". rupertpupkinspeaks.com.
- "Drunk on Disney Feature". thespiritofgin.wordpress.com.
- "NDHS | Private Catholic High School in Lawrenceville NJ". www.ndnj.org. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- "Canticle 1993". Retrieved June 25, 2015.
- English, Chris. "New book on Sesame Place coming out Monday", Bucks County Courier Times, July 2, 2015. Accessed January 17, 2020. "It’s written by Guy Hutchinson and Chris Mercaldo, who both used to visit the park as children. Hutchinson, who grew up in Princeton, New Jersey, and now lives in East Windsor, New Jersey, has also been back several times as a parent, he said."