Guy Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe
|The Duke of Roxburghe|
Portrait by Allan Warren
|Born||Guy David Innes-Ker
18 November 1954
|Title||Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford (until 1974)|
|Predecessor||George Innes-Ker, 9th Duke of Roxburghe|
|Heir||Charles Innes-Ker, Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford|
|Spouse(s)||Lady Jane Meriel Grosvenor
(m. 1977; div. 1990)
Virginia Mary Wynn-Williams
Guy David Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe (born 18 November 1954), styled Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford until 1974, is a British aristocrat. He was the elder son of the 9th Duke by his second wife (Margaret) Elisabeth McConnel (1918–1993). He succeeded his father to the title of Duke of Roxburghe in 1974.
He was educated at Eton College, Magdalene College, Cambridge, where he studied Land Economy, and at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst where he was awarded the Sword of Honour in 1974, in which year he became a Lieutenant in the Blues and Royals. He is also a baronet, and the 30th feudal baron of Innes.
The Duke has been married twice. His first marriage was on 10 September 1977 to Lady Jane Meriel Grosvenor (b. 8 February 1953; Lady Jane Dawnay since 1996), younger daughter of Robert Grosvenor, 5th Duke of Westminster; the couple had two sons and a daughter but divorced in 1990. The Duke remarried in 1992, to Virginia Mary, née Wynn-Williams; they have a son and daughter.
By Lady Jane Grosvenor:
- Lady Rosanagh Viola Alexandra Innes-Ker (16 January 1979) she was a bridesmaid at the 1986 wedding of Prince Andrew, Duke of York. She married James Walter Grimston, Viscount Grimston (son of John Grimston, 7th Earl of Verulam) on 26 June 2008. They have three children:
- Hon. John Innes Archie Grimston (10 August 2010)
- Hon. Guy Robert Grimston (21 December 2011)
- Hon. Violet Mary Grimston (8 October 2014)
- Charles Robert George Innes-Ker, Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford (18 February 1981) he married Hon. Charlotte Aitken (eldest daughter of Maxwell Aitken, 3rd Baron Beaverbrook) on 22 July 2011 and they were divorced.
- Lord Edward "Ted" Arthur Gerald Innes-Ker (2 February 1984)
By Virginia Wynn-Williams:
- Lady Isabella May Innes-Ker (September 1994)
- Lord George Alastair Innes-Ker (b. 20 November 1996)
The Duke has a younger brother, Lord Robert Innes-Ker (b. 1959), who is married, with one son and one daughter.
The heirs in the Innes-Ker family to the dukedom are the present Duke's three sons, his younger brother, and a nephew. According to the earldom's remainder to heirs male (since the dukedom remainder is to heirs of the earldom), there are no further proper heirs. However, there is precedence in the title moving contrary to its remainder, if an unlikely extinction of the heirs male to the family takes place.
|Ancestors of Guy Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe|
- Laura Collins and Louise Hannah "As Kate re-emerges more tanned and confident, a new Middleton girl takes a bow" Daily Mail 27 May 2007. The article features a photograph of Lord Ted Innes-Ker (described as a friend of Pippa Middleton) and his sister (then) Lady Rose Innes-Ker.
- Burke's Peerage (2003) volume 3, page 4134, from thepeerage.com
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Duke of Roxburghe
- Floors Castle website
- Ted Innes Ker professional golf website
- Paul Theroff. "Roxburghe" in An Online Gotha Section Two.
- Duke sets sights on estate expansion - Monday interview: Duke of Roxburghe
- Profile, scotsman.com
- Profile, geni.com
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Duke of Roxburghe
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
His Grace The Duke of Montrose
His Grace The Duke of Manchester