Guy Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe
The Duke of Roxburghe
Portrait by Allan Warren
|Preceded by||George Innes-Ker, 9th Duke of Roxburghe|
|Succeeded by||Charles Innes-Ker, 11th Duke of Roxburghe|
Guy David Innes-Ker
18 November 1954
|Died||29 August 2019 (aged 64)|
Floors Castle, Kelso, Roxburghshire, Scotland
Lady Jane Meriel Grosvenor
(m. 1977; div. 1990)
Virginia Mary Wynn-Williams
|Children||5, including Charles Innes-Ker, 11th Duke of Roxburghe|
|Parents||George Innes-Ker, 9th Duke of Roxburghe|
Magdalene College, Cambridge
Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
|Unit||Blues and Royals|
Guy David Innes-Ker was born on 18 November 1954 to the 9th Duke by his second wife (Margaret) Elisabeth McConnel (1918–1993). The Duke had a younger brother, Lord Robert Innes-Ker (b. 1959), who is married, with one son and one daughter.
He was educated at Eton College, Magdalene College, Cambridge, where he studied Land Economy, and at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst where he was awarded the Sword of Honour in 1974, in which year he became a Lieutenant in the Blues and Royals.
His eldest son, Charles, succeeded him as 11th Duke.
The Duke was married twice. His first marriage was on 10 September 1977 to Lady Jane Meriel Grosvenor (b. 8 February 1953; Lady Jane Dawnay since 1996), younger daughter of Robert Grosvenor, 5th Duke of Westminster; the couple had two sons and a daughter. They divorced in 1990. Their children are:
- Lady Rosanagh Viola Alexandra Innes-Ker (b. 16 January 1979), a bridesmaid at the 1986 wedding of Prince Andrew, Duke of York. She married James Walter Grimston, Viscount Grimston (son of John Grimston, 7th Earl of Verulam) in 2008.They have two sons and a daughter.
- Charles Robert George Innes-Ker, 11th Duke of Roxburghe (b. 18 February 1981), who married Hon. Charlotte Susanna Aitken (b. 15 February 1982) eldest daughter of Maxwell Aitken, 3rd Baron Beaverbrook) in 2011. They were divorced in 2012.
- Lord Edward "Ted" Arthur Gerald Innes-Ker (b. 2 February 1984). He married Celia Brook in 2017.
The Duke remarried 3 September 1992, interior designer Virginia Mary, née Wynn-Williams (1st daughter of David Wynn-Williams). They had a son and a daughter. Their children are:
- Lady Isabella May Innes-Ker (b. September 1994)
- Lord George Alastair Innes-Ker (b. 20 November 1996)
The Duke died at Floors Castle on 29 August 2019, following a lengthy illness.
Titles and styles
- 18 November 1954 – 26 September 1974: Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford
- 26 September 1974 – 29 August 2019: His Grace The Duke of Roxburghe
- "Guy Roxburghe's Official Profile on The Marque".
- "Duke's son Charlie ends his marriage after a year". Mail Online. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- Laura Collins and Louise Hannah "As Kate re-emerges more tanned and confident, a new Middleton girl takes a bow" Daily Mail 27 May 2007. The article features a photograph of Lord Ted Innes-Ker (described as a friend of Pippa Middleton) and his sister (then) Lady Rose Innes-Ker.
- Burke's Peerage (2003) volume 3, page 4134, from thepeerage.com
- Soames, Matilda. "10 PERFECT POTENTIAL BRIDES FOR PRINCE HARRY!". Tatler.
- "Duke of Roxburghe dies, aged 64". ITN News. 29 August 2019. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Duke of Roxburghe
- Floors Castle website
- Ted Innes Ker professional travel website
- Paul Theroff. "Roxburghe" in An Online Gotha Section Two.
- Duke sets sights on estate expansion - Monday interview: Duke of Roxburghe
- Profile, scotsman.com
- Profile, geni.com
|Peerage of Scotland|
| Duke of Roxburghe