Guy Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe
The Duke of Roxburghe
Portrait by Allan Warren
|Preceded by||George Innes-Ker, 9th Duke of Roxburghe|
|Born||Guy David Innes-Ker
18 November 1954
|Spouse(s)||Lady Jane Meriel Grosvenor
(m. 1977; div. 1990)
Virginia Mary Wynn-Williams
|Parents||9th Duke of Roxburghe
Margaret Innes-Ker, Duchess of Roxburghe
Guy David Innes-Ker was born 18 November 1954 to 9th Duke by his second wife (Margaret) Elisabeth McConnel (1918–1993). The Duke has a younger brother, Lord Robert Innes-Ker (b. 1959), who is married, with one son and one daughter.
He was educated at Eton College, Magdalene College, Cambridge, where he studied Land Economy, and at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst where he was awarded the Sword of Honour in 1974, in which year he became a Lieutenant in the Blues and Royals.
The heirs in the Innes-Ker family to the dukedom are the present Duke's three sons, his younger brother, and a nephew. According to the earldom's remainder to heirs male (since the dukedom remainder is to heirs of the earldom), there are no further proper heirs. However, there is precedence in the title moving contrary to its remainder, if an unlikely extinction of the heirs male to the family takes place.
The Duke has been married twice. His first marriage was on 10 September 1977 to Lady Jane Meriel Grosvenor (b. 8 February 1953; Lady Jane Dawnay since 1996), younger daughter of Robert Grosvenor, 5th Duke of Westminster; the couple had two sons and a daughter. They divorced in 1990. Their children are:
- Lady Rosanagh Viola Alexandra Innes-Ker (b. 16 January 1979), a bridesmaid at the 1986 wedding of Prince Andrew, Duke of York. She married James Walter Grimston, Viscount Grimston (son of John Grimston, 7th Earl of Verulam) on 26 June 2008. They have three children:
- Hon. John Innes Archie Grimston (b. 10 August 2010)
- Hon. Guy Robert Grimston (b. 21 December 2011)
- Hon. Violet Mary Grimston (b. 8 October 2014)
- Charles Robert George Innes-Ker, Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford (b. 18 February 1981), who married Hon. Charlotte Susanna Aitken (b. 15 Feb 1982) eldest daughter of Maxwell Aitken, 3rd Baron Beaverbrook) on 22 July 2011. They were divorced in June 2012.
- Lord Edward "Ted" Arthur Gerald Innes-Ker (b. 2 February 1984). He married Celia Brook on 29 July 2017.
The Duke remarried 3 September 1992, interior designer Virginia Mary, née Wynn-Williams (1st daughter of David Wynn-Williams). They have a son and a daughter. Their children are:
- Lady Isabella May Innes-Ker (b. September 1994)
- Lord George Alastair Innes-Ker (b. 20 November 1996)
Titles and styles
- 18 November 1954 – 26 September 1974: Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford
- 26 September 1974 – present: His Grace The Duke of Roxburghe
|Ancestors of Guy Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe|
- "Duke's son Charlie ends his marriage after a year". Mail Online. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- Laura Collins and Louise Hannah "As Kate re-emerges more tanned and confident, a new Middleton girl takes a bow" Daily Mail 27 May 2007. The article features a photograph of Lord Ted Innes-Ker (described as a friend of Pippa Middleton) and his sister (then) Lady Rose Innes-Ker.
- Burke's Peerage (2003) volume 3, page 4134, from thepeerage.com
- Soames, Matilda. "10 PERFECT POTENTIAL BRIDES FOR PRINCE HARRY!". Tatler.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Duke of Roxburghe
- Floors Castle website
- Ted Innes Ker professional golf website
- Paul Theroff. "Roxburghe" in An Online Gotha Section Two.
- Duke sets sights on estate expansion - Monday interview: Duke of Roxburghe
- Profile, scotsman.com
- Profile, geni.com
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Duke of Roxburghe
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
The Duke of Montrose
The Duke of Roxburghe
The Duke of Manchester