He was born on 17 August 1905 and educated at Malvern and Merton College, Oxford. After ordination he was a curate at Farnborough, Hampshire and then priest in charge of St Aidan’s Aldershot. After this he had incumbencies at Woodham, Surrey, Alton, Hampshire, Silverton, Devon and finally (before his ordination to the episcopate) Barnstaple where he was also archdeacon of the region.
He married Cecily Julia Mary Garrat in 1934; they had a son, also called Wilfrid, and two daughters, Gillian and Sally. Sanderson died on 22 July 1988.
- Torbay & District Organists' Association – St Petroc, South Brent
- The Times, 26 June 1962, p. 14, "Ecclesiastical News: Next Bishop Of Plymouth"
- "Who was Who" 1897–2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- Levens, R.G.C., ed. (1964). Merton College Register 1900-1964. Oxford: Basil Blackwell. p. 169.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- History of Aldershot churches
|Church of England titles|
Norman Harry Clarke
|Bishop of Plymouth (Anglican)
Richard Fox Cartwright
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|