|Born||24 July 1953 (age 68)|
|Cooking style||Nouvelle cuisine|
Guy Savoy (French: [ɡi savwa]; born 24 July 1953) is a French chef who is the head chef and owner of the eponymous Guy Savoy restaurant in Paris and its sister restaurant in Las Vegas, both of which have gained multiple Michelin stars.
He owns three other restaurants in Paris.
Guy Savoy was born on 24 July 1953 in Nevers. In 1955, his parents moved to Bourgoin-Jallieu, a town in Isère, where his father was a gardener and his mother owned a taproom that she would transform into a restaurant. After a three-year apprenticeship with the Troisgros brothers and multiple experiences at prestigious restaurants, he opened his own restaurant in New York before opening in rue Duret, Paris, in 1980, which received two Michelin stars in 1985. He earned his third Michelin star in 2002. In 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, La Liste named his restaurant at 11 quai de Conti the Best Restaurant in the World.
He is married to Danielle Savoy and has two children: Caroline (born 21 January 1978) and Franck (born 4 June 1979).
He recorded the voice of sous-chef Horst for the French version of the Pixar animated film Ratatouille, released in August 2007.
He is on the Board of Directors of the French Mission for Food Culture & Heritage (Mission Française du Patrimoine et des Cultures Alimentaires), which successfully applied for inscription of the "gastronomic meal of the French" on UNESCO's Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
In 2017 and 2018, he was a member of the Prix Versailles World Judges Panel.
- Restaurant Guy Savoy – Monnaie de Paris, 11 Quai de Conti – 6th arrondissement of Paris
- Restaurant Guy Savoy – Las Vegas, United States
- Atelier Maître Albert – 5th arrondissement of Paris
- Le Chiberta – 8th arrondissement of Paris
- Supu Ramen – 6th arrondissement of Paris
Awards and accolades
In 2018, he won the Prix du Rayonnement Gastronomique Français (French Influence Award for Gastronomy).
The Restaurant Guy Savoy in Paris was awarded its third Michelin star in 2002. The restaurant was ranked amongst the Restaurant Magazine Top 50 Restaurants in the world in 2004 and 2005.
In 2020, La Liste named it the Best Restaurant in the World for the fourth year in a row. It has five Gault Millau toques and three Pudlowski Guide plates, and is ranked amongst the "best restaurants in Paris" in the Lebey Guide.
- Vegetable Magic with Guy Langlois, Ebury Press (1987) ISBN 978-0852236260
- Guy Savoy: Simple French Recipes for the Home Cook (2004) ISBN 978-1584793625
- "Chef Guy Savoy of Restaurant Guy Savoy – Biography". StarChefs.com. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- "La Liste". La Liste. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Gordon Ramsay". biography.com. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Season 3 episode 18 of MasterChef
- Season 12 episode 8 of Hell's Kitchen
- Website of the French Mission for Food Culture & Heritage
- Prix Versailles website
- "Guy Savoy Caesars Palace". bestuscasinos.org. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- "2004 List (number 6)". The World's 50 Best Restaurants. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "2005 List (number 16)". The World's 50 Best Restaurants. Retrieved 3 May 2014.