|Born||16 October 1947|
New York City, United States
Guy Domville Siner (born 16 October 1947) is an American-born English actor best known for his role as Oberleutnant Hubert Gruber in the British television series 'Allo 'Allo! and Dr. Mittenhand in Leprechaun 4: In Space.
Siner was born in New York City. His father was American, born in Manhattan, New York, and his mother English, born in Bexhill-on-Sea, Sussex. His mother wanted him to be educated in the United Kingdom, and the family returned there when he was five. After attending St Edmund's School, Hindhead, he trained for the stage at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
TV credits include -
- Z Cars (1972) - Arthur Naylor
- Softly, Softly: Taskforce (1973) - David Stevens
- Doctor Who story Genesis of the Daleks (1975) - Ravon
- I, Claudius (1976) - Pylades
- Secret Army (1979)
- You Rang, M'Lord? (1990) - Noël Coward
- 'Allo 'Allo! (1982-1992) - Lieutenant Hubert Gruber
- The Brittas Empire (1994) - Philip Silverman
- Seinfeld (1995) - Mandel
- Leprechaun 4: In Space (1996) - Dr. Mittenhand
- Knots Landing: Back to the Cul-de-Sac (1997) - Tyler Billings
- Babylon 5 (1997) - Religious #1
- Martial Law (1999) - Dr. Dreece
- Diagnosis: Murder (1999) - Auctioneer
- That's My Bush! (2001) - Dr. Thomas Klestil
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2002) - Stuart Reed
- ChuckleVision (2008) - Beethoven
- Family Tree (2013) - Mitch Connelly
- The Crown (2020) - Season 4/Episode 2 - British minister, Francis Pym
He played a small role in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003).
He was originally going to voice the villain Man Ray in the SpongeBob SquarePants season 2 episode "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III." Ultimately, John Rhys-Davies replaced Guy Siner as the voice of Man Ray in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III."
In 2006, Siner appeared in two films by writer and director David Roden (of Dimensions in Time fame) called Beginner's Please and The Resurrectionist.
In June and July 2007, he reprised his role of Lieutenant Gruber in the stage play of 'Allo 'Allo, for Twelfth Night Theatre in Brisbane, alongside Gorden Kaye and Sue Hodge, playing their original roles of René Artois and Mimi Labonq. The other characters were portrayed by various Australian actors, including Katy Manning, Steven Tandy and Jason Gann.
After 'Allo 'Allo came to the end of its run in 1992, Siner worked for a time in the United States, based in Los Angeles, California. He has since returned to the United Kingdom, and now resides in Chesham in Buckinghamshire.
Siner voiced several Star Wars video games:
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (1994)
- Star Wars: Force Commander (2000)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (2001)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast (2002)
He worked as a script editor on two expanded universe Doctor Who stories in 2008.
|1996||The Disappearance of Kevin Johnson||Fred Barratt|
|1997||Lost Highway||Prison Official #1|
|1997||Playing God||Dutch Businessman|
|1997||Big City Blues||Dentist|
|1997||Leprechaun 4: In Space||Dr. Mittenhand|
|2000||Return to the Secret Garden||Lord Craven|
|2001||Megiddo: The Omega Code 2||British Leader|
|2003||Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl||Harbormaster|
|2005||The Second Front||Archer|
- "Guy Siner Audio page".
- M/C Reviews (8 July 2007). "M/C Reviews – Theatre: 'Allo 'Allo – What Went Wrong Here, Then?". Reviews.media-culture.org.au. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2014.