This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Guy Stockwell in Adventures in Paradise, 1961
|Born||November 16, 1933|
New York City, U.S.
|Died||February 6, 2002 (aged 68)|
Prescott, Arizona, U.S.
|Parent(s)||Harry Stockwell (father)|
Elizabeth "Betty" Stockwell[better source needed] (mother)
|Relatives||Dean Stockwell (brother)|
Stockwell was born in New York City, the stepson of Elizabeth Margaret Veronica, son of Elizabeth "Betty" Stockwell and Harry Stockwell, an actor and singer. His younger brother is actor Dean Stockwell.
Stockwell began his acting career on the stage, working in the Broadway productions Innocent Voyage and Chicken Every Sunday. That affinity for the stage would later inspire him to become a co-founder of the Los Angeles Art Theater. He then went on to hold the recurring role of Chris Parker from 1961 to 1962 in twenty-six episodes of the ABC series Adventures in Paradise, starring Gardner McKay as the skipper of a sailing vessel set in the South Pacific.
Stockwell was also cast in episodes of The Roaring 20s, Perry Mason (Season 8, Episode 5), Quincy, M.E., Simon & Simon, Knight Rider, Tales of the Gold Monkey, The Eddie Capra Mysteries, Magnum, P.I., Murder, She Wrote, Columbo, Quantum Leap, Bonanza, Land of the Giants, Tombstone Territory, Combat!, The Richard Boone Show, Gunsmoke, The Virginian and Return to Peyton Place, He had important roles in several major motion pictures including The War Lord, The Plainsman, Beau Geste, Tobruk, The Monitors, It's Alive and Santa Sangre.
Stockwell suffered from diabetes in later years and died of its complications. He was married and divorced three times and had three children.
- The Green Years (1946) - Young Boy (uncredited)
- The Mighty McGurk (1947) - Kid (uncredited)
- The Romance of Rosy Ridge (1947) - Joe (uncredited)
- Ask Any Girl (1959) - Boyfriend (uncredited)
- The Beat Generation (1959) - Hank - Police Detective (uncredited)
- The Gazebo (1959) - (voice, uncredited)
- Please Don't Eat the Daisies (1960) - Young Man (uncredited)
- Three Swords of Zorro (1963) - Zorro
- The War Lord (1965) - Draco
- Blindfold (1965) - James Fitzpatrick
- And Now Miguel (1966) - George Perez
- The Plainsman (1966) - Buffalo Bill Cody
- Beau Geste (1966) - Beau Geste
- Tobruk (1967) - Lt. Mohnfeld
- Banning (1967) - Jonathan Linus
- The King's Pirate (1967) - John Avery
- In Enemy Country (1968) - Braden
- The Monitors (1969) - Harry Jordan
- The Gatling Gun (1971) - Lt. Wayne Malcolm
- It's Alive (1974) - Bob Clayton
- The Disappearance of Flight 412 (1974) - Lt. Col. Trottman
- Airport 1975 (1974) - Colonel Moss
- Burned at the Stake (1981) - Dr. Grossinger
- Forty Days of Musa Dagh (1982) - Simon Tomassian
- Grotesque (1988) - Orville Kruger
- Santa Sangre (1989) - Orgo