Guy of Ibelin, seneschal of Cyprus
Guy of Ibelin (French: Guy d'Ibelin) (before 1306 – 1350/60) was seneschal of Cyprus from 1318 and a burgher of Venice from 30 December 1334. He was the son of Philip of Ibelin (1253–1318), previous seneschal of Cyprus and Jerusalem by his second wife Maria of Giblet (d. 1331). He was evidently held in high regard by King Hugh IV of Cyprus, since he is named in a royal decree from 1329 as a "magnificus vir" , in charge of four newly created priesthoods in the cathedral of Nicosia.
He married Margaret of Ibelin with papal dispensation in 1319. They had three children:
- John of Ibelin (d. after 1367), seneschal of Cyprus after his father's death
- Alice of Ibelin (d. after 1374), who married John of Lusignan (1329/30-1375), titular Prince of Antioch and Regent of Cyprus
- Margaret of Ibelin
- Nielen-Vandervoorde, Marie-Adélaïde (2003), Lignages d'Outremer, Documents relatifs à l'histoire des Croisades, Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres, ISBN 2-87754-141-X
- Rüdt de Collenberg, W. H. (1983), Familles de l'Orient latin XIIe-XIVe siècles, Variorum reprints, pp. 117–265, reprint of article Les Ibelin aux XIIIe et XIVe siècles.
- Mas Latrie, Louis de (1861), Histoire de l'île de Chypre sous le règne des princes de la maison de Lusignan, III
- Amadi, Francesco (1891), Chroniques d'Amadi et de Strambaldi (publiées par M. René de Mas)
- Rüdt de Collenberg, W. H. (1977–1979), "Les Ibelin aux XIIIe et XIVe siècles", Επετηρίς Κέντρου Επιστημονικών Ερευνών Κύπρου, 9
- Cawley, Charles (10 February 2011), Cyprus, Medieval Lands database, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy
- Genealogical website for European royalty
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogical website with partial Ibelin family tree". Genealogy.EU.