|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,286.23 km2 (496.62 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Guzhang County (simplified Chinese: 古丈县; traditional Chinese: 古丈縣; pinyin: Gǔzhàng Xiàn) is a county of Hunan Province, China. The county is the 2nd least populous administrative unit of the counties or county-level cities (after Shaoshan City) in the province, it is under the administration of Xiangxi Autonomous Prefecture.
Located on the western part of Hunan and the eastern Xiangxi, the county is bordered to the north by Yongshun County, to the east by Yuanling County, to the south by Luxi County and Jishou City, to the west by Baojing County. Guzhang County covers 1,286.47 km2 (496.71 sq mi), as of 2015, It had a registered population of 143,182 and a resident population of 131,900. The county has 7 towns under its jurisdiction, the county seat is Guyang (古阳镇).
Guzhang County includes the following ethnic groups (Wu 2007, 2010).
- Xiang (乡}
- Miao (苗; IPA: [bɤ33 kɑu41])
- Wu, Yunji (伍云姬) (2007). Xiāngxī wǎ xiāng huà fēngsú míngwù cǎi tú diǎn 湘西瓦乡话风俗名物彩图典 [Xiangxi Waxianghua multicolor dictionary of customs and artifacts] (in Chinese). Hunan Normal University Press. ISBN 978-7-81081-814-8.
- Wu, Yunji (伍云姬); Shen, Ruiqing (沈瑞清) (2010). [An Investigative Report of Waxianghua of Guzhang County, Xiangxi Prefecture] (in Chinese). Shanghai Educational Press (上海教育出版社). ISBN 978-7-54442-859-0.
- Google (2014-07-02). "Guzhang" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Xiāngxī tǔ jiāzú miáozú zìzhìzhōu tǔdì lìyòng zǒngtǐ guīhuà (2006–2020 nián) 《湘西土家族苗族自治州土地利用总体规划（2006–2020年）》 [Xiangxi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture Land Use Plan (2006–20)] (in Chinese).
- 古丈县概况地图 [Guzhang County overview map] (in Chinese). Xiangxi Prefecture People's Government. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- about the population of Guzhang County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Guzhang County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年古丈县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): guzhang.gov.cn or ahmhxc.com
- the divisions of Guzhang County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Guzhang County on November 30, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意古丈县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕115号): rednet.cn, also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com
- Shanchi Peng, Loren E. Babcock, Jingxun Zuo1, Huanling Lin, Xuejian Zhu1, Xianfeng Yang, Richard A. Robison, Yuping Qi, Gabriella Bagnoli, and Yong’an Chen (March 2012). "The Global Boundary Stratotype Section and Point(GSSP) of the Guzhangian Stage (Cambrian) in theWuling Mountains, Northwestern Hunan, China" (PDF). International Union of Geological Sciences. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|