Gwanda State University
|Type||Tertiary education institution|
Officer in charge
|Professor Callistus Ndlovu (task team head)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr Sikhulumani Bayeza Mangena. (designate)|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Zimbabwe|
Gwanda State University is a state higher education institution that is in Gwanda, Zimbabwe. The university is temporarily at the former Epoch Mine in Gwanda whilst construction takes place. The main campus shall be on an 87 hectares (210 acres) site in Gwanda, with a 2.5 hectares (6.2 acres) farm at Filabusi.
The university has two faculties — Engineering and Agriculture — with a Faculty of Industrial Management to follow later.
Programs offered under the faculty of engineering (five years):
- Beng (Hons) Metallurgical Engineering
- Beng (Hons) Mining Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Surveying and Geomatics Engineering
Programs offered in the faculty of agriculture (four years):
- Bsc (Hons) Agriculture-Crop science
- Bsc (Hons) Agriculture–Animal science
- "Efforts to establish Gwanda varsity gather momentum". The Chronicle. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- "Gwanda State University to open in January next year". Bulawayo24 News. 2011-12-06. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- "Gwanda varsity plans advanced". The Herald. 2 August 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
|This article on a Zimbabwean institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|