Gwandalan, New South Wales
Central Coast, New South Wales
|Population||3,035 (2011 census)|
|• Density||427.5/km2 ( 1,107/sq mi)|
|Area||7.1 km2 (2.7 sq mi)|
|Location||29 km (18 mi) NE of Wyong|
|LGA(s)||Central Coast Council|
Gwandalan is a suburb of the Central Coast region of New South Wales, Australia, located on a peninsula extending northwards into Lake Macquarie. It is part of the Central Coast Council local government area.
Notable places and businesses
- Gwandalan Grocer
- Gwandalan Quality Meats
- Point Wolstoncraft Recreation Centre
- Gwandalan Chinese and Australian Takeaway
- Lakeview Bakery
- Australia Post Office
- Impulse Printing
- Top-A-Lot Pizza (Winner of the 2015 Best Pizza on the Central Coast Award)
- Gwandalan Hardware Store
- Gwandalan Swim School
- Gwandalan Dental Surgery
- Gwandalan Bowling Club (and Blue Swimmer Restaurant)
- Fish Bowl Café & Takeaway
On Tuesdays and Thursdays the Gwandalan youth center is open at Tunkawallin Hall. Besides Sports there is a local Scout Group which meets at the Gwandalan Recreational Hall at 6pm on Tuesdays. Fridays = Destination Nightclub 9pm - 2am: Shorts Permitted.
Gwandalan Public School is the only school in Gwandalan. Most Gwandalan Public School students go to Lake Munmorah High School as it is the closest secondary school.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Gwandalan (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
|This Central Coast geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|