Gwilym Lee (born 24 November 1983, in Bristol) is a British actor appearing on stage and on television.
At Christmas 2013 Lee began a television starring role as DCI Barnaby's new sergeant, DS Charlie Nelson, in the 16th series of Midsomer Murders, which also included the show's 100th episode, partially shot in Denmark in collaboration with the local national broadcasting corporation, DR.
In early 2014 he appeared in Versailles at the Donmar Warehouse.
In April 2016 it was announced by ITV that Lee was not returning for season 19 of Midsomer Murders. Lee, on his Twitter account, indicated he would be involved in an upcoming series Jamestown_(TV_series).
He studied English literature at Cardiff University and drama at The Guildhall School of Music and Drama, where he received the Guildhall Gold Medal in 2008.
Lee now lives in London.
- Mark Kebble (16 December 2013). "Why Gwilym Lee is one to watch". The Resident.
- "Hamlet at the Donmar Warehouse 2009". Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Louis Wise (19 June 2011). "Award for young actors". The Sunday Times.
- "Photo Flash: First Look at Max Bennett, Gwilym Lee and More in Donmar Warehouse's THE PROMISE". 20 November 2012.
- Tom Cole (15 April 2013). "Midsomer Murders: Gwilym Lee joins as Barnaby's new partner". Radio Times.
- "Twitter". mobile.twitter.com. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- Kirstie McCrum (13 December 2013). "Actor Gwilym's got murder in mind at Midsomer". Wales Online.