Gwitha Shand in 1923
|Born||31 July 1904
Christchurch, New Zealand
|Died||11 December 1962 (aged 58)|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
Gwitha Ifwersen Shand (31 July 1904 – 11 December 1962) was a New Zealand swimmer, who competed in two events at the 1924 Summer Olympics in Paris. In the 100m freestyle she eliminated in the semi-finals. In the final of the 400m freestyle she did not finish. Shand and fellow swimmer Clarrie Heard caught colds before the Olympics and neither was able to swim at their best, Shand in particular having trouble breathing during her races.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gwitha Shand.|
- Biography of Gwitha Shand. Sports Reference. Retrieved on 29 July 2015.
- New Zealand Olympic Committee: Gwitha Shand Profile. Olympic.org.nz. Retrieved on 29 July 2015.
- Swimming at the 1924 Paris Summer Games:Women's 100 metres Freestyle Semi-Finals. Sports Reference (20 July 1924). Retrieved on 2015-07-29.
- Swimming at the 1924 Paris Summer Games:Women's 400 metres Freestyle Final. Sports Reference (15 July 1924). Retrieved on 2015-07-29.
- Ron Palenski & Terry Maddaford: The Games Auckland: Moa Publications Ltd. ISBN 0-908570-62-7