|Elevation||909 ft (277 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||435569|
Gwynneville was platted in 1881, and named after O'Brien Gynne, a local businessman and landowner. A post office opened at Gwynneville in 1881. Gwynneville had its own high school until the school was discontinued around 1918.
Gwynneville is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Gwynneville, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Chadwick, Edward H. (1909). Chadwick's History of Shelby County, Indiana. B.F. Bowen. p. 272.
- "Shelby County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- Shelby County, Indiana History & Families. Turner Publishing Company. 1992. p. 57. ISBN 978-1-56311-078-8.
|This Shelby County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|